Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Car Accident
Dreamcat-
I am constantly amazed at the human tendency to be hypnotized or lulled into unawareness.
I recall in my Buddhist days of the sacred and humble practice of Mindfulness  in order to step
off the Wheel of Samsara (drudgery of Life).
Here we go with the term WHEEL. It comes up a lot lately.

As an example- there are a few odd elements juxtaposed here in this example that remind me of your dream. I have learned to pay attention to.symbols that don't make sense in a dream as they then become like our NDC red alerts (to me).

In my childhood, I used to walk up to but never over an old bridge [overpass in your dream] that gave me the creeps. It spanned across the Ohio River where it converges with the Kanawa River in Point Pleasant West Virginia where my aunt and uncle lived. The bridge daily spilled its lines of traffic into the heart of this sleepy small town, where commerce was active from Ohio to W Va and beyond. Those lines (trains) of traffic contributed to its demise and the town's.
   On a corner across from the bridge stood the courthouse where my aunt worked for the judge as his assistant and court reporter.
Odd juxt #1- my aunt's name was Neil, uncle's name was Carroll (Irish).

Juxt # 2-   There was a movie made about this town, that one would say reminded them of Barney Fife and Andy Griffith's Mayberry -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mothma...%28film%29
starring Richard Gere and of course an interdimensional being they call Mothman.
The town is frozen in time to the year the bridge fell in after months of Mothman appearing to locals to warn them of impending disaster, replete with beehive hairdo's, and funky 50's/60's 'retro' furniture that would make 'kitsch' drool.
There is actually a statue of Mothman erected in the center of that long gone town at the intersection across from where the bridge used to be.
I stood at that empty intersection in 2004 watching the breeze blow papers down the once busy streets. I had such an eerie feeling I turned to the statue, then the fenced off bridge entry and the hairs stood up on my arms. It felt like a Stephen King scene.

The day it fell in my uncle was over in Ohio at a doctor appointment. His car was 'stuck in traffic' waiting for the red light at the end of the bridge entry to turn green. Faulty construction/engineering - who would put a traffic light at each end of a bridge to where the heavy weight of long lines of traffic wore down the connecting elements holding the bridge together?

His car was the last car safely off the bridge as it fell in.

Huge lines of 18 wheel trucks and cars toppled over on top of the vehicles/bodies below and into their watery graves. My uncle heard the loud crash and looked in the rear view mirror. Suddenly his ruddy Irish complexion turn ghost white. He quickly got out of the car to help  a pregnant woman and her little boy out of the car behind him that was teetering over the edge. Once they were out of the car, the weight shifted and the car fell into the boiling teaming river of blood, screams, vehicles below.
The woman almost fainted at the sight, the fate that saved her. She hugged my uncle instead as he caught her and kept her from dropping.

Uncle Carroll walked into the courthouse after all the rescue attempts he could perform; into eerily quiet judges chamber clueless to the mayhem outside. "Why Carroll you look so pale like ya saw a ghost." says my aunt. " Neilly ya better get a look outside, the bridge is gone. I think our lives are about to change.."
No truer words were ever said.

juxt #3-  The metaphoric and actual 'sleepiness' of this town that literally compelled an inter-dimensional being to come forth to warn them of impending disaster and change gobsmacks me .
Why is it that it takes extreme circumstances to wake folks up? How truly unaware is the populace in our 'normalcy bias' that it takes a wake up call to get us moving? Is it really a COMFORT ZONE or rather hypnotic trance?
Are we looking for that 'manna' from heaven to feed us the data we require or should we be awake and aware enough to see it for ourselves and move on that accordingly?
Have we forgotten that the Inner Knowledge is the bread/manna and is accessible always, if only we took the time to be STILL, and see ?

When will it be too late?

Messages In This Thread
Major Car Accident - by Dreamcat - 09-17-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: Major Car Accident - by ThePaladin - 09-18-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Major Car Accident - by Dreamcat - 09-19-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: Major Car Accident - by twiceblessed9 - 09-18-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Major Car Accident - by Cassandra - 09-18-2015, 08:01 AM
RE: Major Car Accident - by Dreamcat - 09-18-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: Major Car Accident - by twiceblessed9 - 09-18-2015, 12:16 PM
RE: Major Car Accident - by *AD - 09-19-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Major Car Accident - by twiceblessed9 - 09-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Major Car Accident - by ThePaladin - 09-20-2015, 03:13 AM