Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The folly and the child
10/27/2015 AM
No intent
Mood: interested and surprised

I was standing and looking at a map spread out on a table as another man was explaining about my family’s land as the map was written in French. (I did not speak or read French.)
The land was bounded by a road on the South, a three mile wide river on the North and butted other people’s land on the East and West. There were several thousands of acres and I owned the river to the opposite bank.
The map was marked to show sections, purpose of each area and all buildings.
The main house was facing south situated in the center of the farthest southern section of the land away from a river. The house was more like a castle than a farmhouse but it was a farm. There was a building located in the middle of the river which confused me.
The man was explaining that the land under the river was once exposed and farmed but it seems that every so often the river would move farther north and the family would have use of that land until it changed course and returned to southern location. He said that the building under the river was a folly that had been built by an ancestor before it was discovered that the river moved.

(Rolled over and the dream changed)

I arrive at a location that I plan to use for a film I am making. It is a row of townhouses of red brick and three stories tall. Each house has a, black iron, fenced in front yard. I see a child about 5 playing in one of the yards. I am watching the child when a man exits the door of her house. I am surprised, he is my son! He sees me, comes over and explains that it is his house and the child is my granddaughter. I turn to again look at the child…

(I really rolled over and found myself back in the first dream)

I am searching for records of the folly. When was it built, who built it and why? There is a mystery to be solved. When did the river last change? I seem to know that something I need is in the folly. I no longer care about the rest of my inheritance I am obsessed with the folly.

(Jump back to other dream)

I am in the house next door to my son's, upstairs looking out of a window down into the yard of my son’s house. I see the child and I know she is a mulatto and not accepted by the family but she is my treasure. I will keep my son’s secret. I have to plan….

I wake up!
I was male in the first dream and I was female in the second.
There was a lot of lace in these dreams. Lace cuffs on the sleeves of the man in the estate dream. I only heard his voice and saw his hands. The woman in the second dream had a southern style hoop skirt and lace trimming on her dress. (Yes, I know they had not invented film at the time they wore this style.)
When I woke up I thought of this as a braided dream, 2 dreams twisted together. I see no message for me in here.
Interesting busy dreaming.
The French might be the French Creole area of Louisiana. The Mississippi river is known for changing locations. Perhaps with some major flooding, the river will change course and a building of archaeological significance will be revealed. If so, time would be of the essence since the river could change course again.
That would be interesting to see archaeological findings.

(10-27-2015, 01:09 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: The French might be the French Creole area of Louisiana.  The Mississippi river is known for changing locations.  Perhaps with some major flooding, the river will change course and a building of archaeological significance will be revealed.  If so, time would be of the essence since the river could change course again.