Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On suicides
All the comments are gratifying to read.  Suicide is a difficult matter regardless, and I cannot fathom a universal order where a soul comes to Earth with the expressed intention to commit suicide one day.  That said, God created us all to be "free-will" agents, not robots, including the freedom to take our lives prematurely.  I do believe God may nudge those to different outcomes, as in the case of Windy's friend, whose mother just happened to decide to return home, thereby discovering her daughter in the closet bleeding to death.  How often I have heard the "still, small voice" inside of me and ignored it, not telling what different courses my life would have taken, if I had listened.  By coming to this forum and others, I am hopeful that I am getting better at listening.

In my father's case, the vision indicated to me that he regretted his action, just at the moment when it was too late to prevent it.  As a family, we all concluded that there was very little we could have done to prevent his intention beforehand.  He had the tools inside of him, to heal himself, and over and over, refused to use them.  Starting with his spiritual conversion in his 20s, along with my mother, but as often happens, that is when the Evil One really gets going with disruptions and temptations in one's life.  My father was continually comparing himself to others, chiefly his father, who by all accounts, was a worldly success (though his father was an alcoholic too, just was able to hide it better).  My dad went through five treatment programs, mingled with various celebrities at one, but he chose only to take away from all this therapy, the ability to deceive even more.  Rock bottom for my dad, of course, was his suicide.  A very precarious place to be, in order to hit rock bottom.

When I had the vision, I had already come to terms with the possibility of his being lost forever, in that place of loneliness and isolation.  It was hard to accept, but then a part of me was tempted to retribution, due to the hell he put me through in my childhood, and all the twisted lies he told me throughout.  His childhood was one of being ignored, and so he went overboard in his parenting, only in a bad way.  A month before he committed suicide, drunk as a skunk, our last conversation was his telling me to "F*** the world, f*** everyone, f*** it all."  My father just could never get beyond his unforgiveness.

Now I am more than eager to see him again, and thereby truly forget the man he was.  It will be a pleasant surprise.

Messages In This Thread
On suicides - by NH watcher - 11-29-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: On suicides - by Goldengirl - 11-29-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: On suicides - by ThePaladin - 11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: On suicides - by Eagle1 - 11-30-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: On suicides - by Goldengirl - 11-30-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: On suicides - by Shadewolf - 12-09-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: On suicides - by NH watcher - 11-30-2015, 05:57 AM
RE: On suicides - by Goldengirl - 12-09-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: On suicides - by NH watcher - 12-10-2015, 04:39 AM