Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red dirt field, skunk-tail mines?
similar scenery too:
Numbers 3/21/15
first I saw two huge cement stone weight. first was 2000. second was 4800.
woke up, went back to sleep. dreamed that I was part of a strange family that consisted of a white man and his wife. he was scruffy, hadn't had a hair cut or shave in a while and didn't seem to care. his wife was about 4-4.5 feet tall, long blond hair, very thin. I don't know how I came to be part of the family. they asked if I would cook them spaghetti and I said sure. she hugged me like I was giving them a million dollars. I asked if the had spaghetti sauce and they said yes. there was a bottle in the fridge they had been saving that had about a table spoon of sauce left so I asked if there was more somewhere and started looking through the cabinets. I found a jar that was half empty and I thought to myself that's ruined, but he got it out for me. sure enough it had mold in it. I said well ill go to the store and get some stuff. the wife was so excited and she said could I please please get her some maraschino cherries. I said sure. so next scene im at walmart with more of the family and older African-American couple and a little girl. we are shopping. they are looking at everything in the store so I go off on my own to get spaghetti stuff and cherries. I know where everything is in walmart so I go right to where the stuff is supposed to be. I have everything but I cant find the cherries. I go up and down every aisle in the store. I come to an aisle and think they must be here. but there a 1/2 jars of pickles. I look on another aisle where they should be and I see a jar with pink. I think yes, finally. but when I get close its more 1/2 full jars of pickled stuff - like when you go to a gas station or convenience store and they have half full jars of pigs feet and eggs and giant dills on the counters. I finally ask someone and they tell me where they should be and I say I looked there and they say well I guess we don't have any. im very disappointed. the rest of the family shows up then and they are ready to check out so we go to get in line. when we are done checking out the cashier tells me my total is 933.48 and my eyes pop out of my head. I look around at what in the world did I just buy. I think to myself that's all I have! i somehow see the balance in my checking account and its 933.76 im devastated. do i pay for all this stuff? i look and think about it a minute and think about telling these people i cant buy all this but then i think well technically i can it will just leave me with nothing. so i just go ahead and pay for it. when i get the receipt i look it over and i see both the numbers again. 933.48 933.76 i have 28 cents left. i think about what they bought. lots of food - im fine with that - but im wondering about the other stuff...a hammock? other things they didn't probably need, but oh well. when we are walking out to the car i am praying you're gonna have to give me more work. a couple full days and i can make the money back but Youre gonna have to give me jobs. as we are loading stuff into the cart to leave all of us are trying to carry as much as we can and they were asking me to carry more and i said i just cannot carry anymore. they managed to get the rest. we go out and put everything in the truck. the child gets in the back seat and i am adjusting the seat for her. i look at the bed of the truck and its completely full of white bags. as we get back to their place - way out in the country, dirt road, no grass, no trees, looks like dust bowl Oklahoma - and are walking up to the house i see a small grave. i ask what it is. a woman says its the grave of her other daughter. she begins to sob and sing a song of the little girls death. my little girl mara was her name she passed in the way of her aunt yes the same we laid her there on the ground and i cried and i rolled her into that hole in the ground. oh that hole in the ground. i woke up.

**this was so intense. i cant put into words the emotions i felt for these people. after i logged it i had to step away from it a while. i was crying when i woke. i am crying again now after rereading it. they had a few jars of food left. they had no money. no means. no vehicle. something terrible had happened. the land wad drying and dirt was blowing. the hug she gave me was like i was saving her by making her some spaghetti...like spaghetti was a luxury. and when she asked for the cherries you would've thought it was gold. the shelves at walmart were bare of things we would think of as treats. and the half full jars - like people would come to the store and have only enough to by a single pickle and the store would let them. when i saw the little grave and she started to sing her death song i saw the little girl lying there waiting to be buried. she wore a yellow dress and a yellow ribbon around her long golden curls. and she died from whatever also killed her aunt. the aunt was the sister of the wife, the short one with the long blond hair.

whatever comes from cern killed them. whether its disease, radiation, evil, i don't know. but it had happened to everyone. i knew it was widespread because of the scenery and the despair.

**their state of hygiene = they have given up; theres no water
4-4.5 feet tall = 4-4.5 years
can I cook for them = looking for a savior; they are hopeless, helpless
food with mold = what they have is ruin
searching for/unable to find cherries = there is no more sugar-coating, the sweetness of life is removed
decision to pay = realization that money doesn't matter anyway
buying non-food = wasteful; pleasure seeking
cherries = sweet
pickles = sour food
28 cents = 28 days ? April 18/19
Mara = Bitter (wormwood?)
"I cant carry anymore" = the burden is too great

Messages In This Thread
Red dirt field, skunk-tail mines? - by Shadewolf - 12-17-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Red dirt field, skunk-tail mines? - by still - 12-18-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: Red dirt field, skunk-tail mines? - by still - 12-21-2015, 06:32 PM