Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics of this forum and posting
Keeping in mind that every person who posts or just reads the posts will do so for their own reasons and will interpret what is posted based on their own interpretations. What one might find intriguing and informative, another may consider unnecessary or even inappropriate.

Everyone may have an idea or an expectation of what this forum should be. Each person may be convinced their POV is the logical answer but the bottom line is those are all opinions. None are necessarily wrong but none are necessarily right, either, not in terms of the vision of this forum.

I'm going to be blunt right now: I respect everyone's religious beliefs. However I don't like being preached at or having others' beliefs shoved into my face. I am well familiar with the Bible. Reading Bible references and constant mentioning of one's personal walk gives the feeling that those who don't follow a Judeo-Christian path need to keep quiet if they want to post here.

I realized very quickly that I was in the minority here. Hell, I'm a shaman, chosen and called by the Mother. I answered that call, even though I was raised in churches that would see me as a witch or consorting with Satan itself. I am also not a conservative as the label is currently understood. And while I have felt welcomed and that my input is valued, I wonder how many people come here, read posts snarking on our President or other targets of the so-called right, posts that read like the Bible, the dream version, and back away because they don't think they'll be welcome?

For those who want a TL;DR version: At what point does a post stop being an opinion and become a sermon(And I can ask myself that question. LOL ) ? While this is Eagle's party and he gets final say in all this, is the NDC going to be all inclusive or will it be limited to those who toe the majority line and keep their mouths shut?

Messages In This Thread
Ethics of this forum and posting - by NH watcher - 01-12-2016, 05:35 AM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Eagle1 - 01-12-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-12-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-13-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by ThePaladin - 01-13-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-13-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-14-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-16-2016, 06:02 PM