Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM
I agree with Nanny ... exposing yourself spiritually or psychically to your doctor may be problematic for your relationship ... all depends on who your doctor is, and what you all have already talked about.  If your doctor is very "by the book" and scientific, then saying that this med is what the Lord told you, etc., could go the wrong way, and yes, s/he could recommend you for psychiatric care ...

That said, I have had profound misgivings about HBP meds my whole life.  I have high blood pressure, and refuse to take them, even though several doctors have recommended them to me.  One doctor even told me, okay then, I can no longer be your doctor.  At least he was honest!  (Smile.)  I finally found a doctor who is very hesitant about BP meds, unless you have very high or severe HBP, which is typically how they define and treat HBP in Europe and outside of the US.

The pharmaceutical industry in this country has successfully lobbied the AMA and NIH to recommend BP meds for borderline cases and those who have a family history (like me).  The problem is, as with any meds, once you ingest a BP med, your body actually works to fight it!  Yes, initially it may work, but over time, and this is why BP meds have to be so monitored and adjusted, one's body does fight the invader (the med)!  I realize some of this forum may vehemently disagree with me on this, but I'm sorry, I've seen enough evidence in my whole life and the lives of those around me, to know this is true.  And since I now have two doctors in my family (my brother and sister-in-law), I have been able to get more "inside" infromation on what doctors truly know about drugs and disease, but never tell their patients.  (Most patients simply couldn't handle it.)

Julie, if the Lord gave you the name of this med, and you have been diagnosed with HBP, and truly feel you need the med, then just be calm and say you've heard of it, and ask your doctor's opinion ... do not force it on him/her to prescribe.  If your doctor is negative about the drug that the Lord gave you, then I would leave their office with nothing (!); don't take the alternative which your doctor may prescribe, just say you would rather hold off for now.  Since the Lord gave this med's name to you, and it is a legitimate med, odds are that the Lord knows your doctor may already have positive feelings about it.

But at no time act like this is what s/he must prescribe you ... doctors DO NOT sit well with being told by their patients, do this, do that.  Why are you going to them then, they might say, if you already know all the answers?  Just be calm, and ask their opinion about the drug, and odds are, you will get a prescription.  If your doctor would raise concerns about the drug, and this is what the Lord told you, then you MUST FIRST go back to the Lord in prayer and ask why He would give you the name of a drug which your doctor does not like ... unless the Lord would then he advising you to get another doctor.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by Cassandra - 01-20-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by Nanny - 01-20-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by NH watcher - 01-21-2016, 06:34 AM
RE: Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by Nanny - 01-22-2016, 06:51 PM