Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPS AND DOWNS
(01-21-2016, 01:36 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: Thanks! All the serious things were ruled out, but I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. And so are my co- workers, if ya catch my drift!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrelated to the actual post, but in 2010 I developed pneumonia after a surgery and learned that I had developed an allergy to antibiotics. I reacted to everything they gave me. So I somewhat live in fear of catching anything that would turn into an infection now. On the upside, I'm super clean now - Lol.

Anyways, my grandson also developed a cough that wouldn't quit at the same time I got my illness. He was only a year old and would wake up in coughing/choking fits where he would eventually throw up phlegm. He went through several rounds of antibiotics to no avail. And his mother and I were becoming concerned about how much he was taking. So I did some research and developed my own form of medicine and it's not anything you need to swallow.

I would boil water and added 5 drops each of tea tree and eucalyptus oils (pure brands) - I had an old whistling tea kettle I would use, because it directed the steam at us. Putting a towel over your head over a bowl of hot steaming water helps too. Stand there and breathe it in as long and as much as you can. Be careful not to scald yourself though. It's plenty powerful and stinky - it will clear the sinuses and lungs. Depending on how sick I was, I would do this up to 3 times a day. I would also diluted the oils with water and add to a candle oil warmer to stink up the bedroom before bed at night.

Tea Tree Oil is known to be antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and a bunch of other good things.
Eucalyptus Oil is also antibacterial, antiviral, and a bunch of other good things, too.

When flu season comes around and I hear people sniffling, I will steam up the house, just to make sure any germs flying around are killed. Doing this was the only way I cured my grandson and myself and we were sick from January to June. It was awful! Last year, my granddaughter got a sinus/cough thing that wouldn't quit and my daughter tried everything on her. I did the treatment and she eventually got better. Her father was sick, too, and thought my "treatment" was nonsense, until his sinuses and cough cleared up as well.

I also rub Vick's vapor rub on the balls of our feet and up between the toes, then put socks on. If you look up pressure points for the feet, those areas are directly related to the respiratory system (sinuses and lungs). Doing this and the breathing treatments does wonders for coughs!

Anyhoo... I hope this info helps you! Get well soon - both of you!

Messages In This Thread
UPS AND DOWNS - by aletalete - 01-20-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by Nanny - 01-20-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by aletalete - 01-20-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by Nanny - 01-20-2016, 11:23 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by aletalete - 01-21-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by Goldengirl - 01-21-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by NH watcher - 01-21-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by Nanny - 01-21-2016, 01:32 PM
UPS AND DOWNS - by Goldengirl - 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by IslandHippyMama - 01-21-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: UPS AND DOWNS - by aletalete - 01-22-2016, 12:50 AM