Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What girls think - not for the faint of heart

I so seldom wear makeup that when I do feel the need, I have to buy all new makeup. I think the last time I trowelled crap onto my face was in 2013. I don't like messing with the stuff and hate the way it feels on my skin.
I'm a plain mascara and light lipstick kinda gal. At least during the workweek. Today my face is nekkid and loving it!
LOL Goldengirl! Good one...

DLP, me too. When I was in highschool I was obese so makeup to me was a "why bother?!" But me and my spa, thanks to God got 160lbs. off of me while adding some killer-shoulders. I was ignorantly a sunbather, and that was my makeup. Never got around to learning how to match the complexion's color with the stuff.

For a time, I did bother with the messy stuff for eyelashes, dang what's it called? Mascara! but taking that off was gross, so I stopped that also. Didn't need the stuff, had a clear complexion, so I'm one of those that's never worn makeup.

Now, LOL I make a very good argument for it but just finished 22 years of my life out on that "rock" in the middle of the Pacific without AC! Nope, witch hazel wiped stuff off of the face, never put a thing on.

My two precious sisters started wearing it in highschool and have never stopped. Truth is, they both need a bunch of dermabrasion sessions. One has had it but could use it again. I can't prove it but seems a no-brainer to me that this is why they need it and I do not.

Besides, an older aquaintance of mine told me why she doesn't wear it. She said that as gals get even older than her 66yrs. of age and keep wearing the stuff, at some point they start looking like clowns. It's true, have seen poor elderly souls that really did look as such.
After the last bout of chemo and baldness, the lashes grew in sparsely so I don't bother with mascara. Don't wear fake lashes, either, because I'm allergic to adhesives(and I'm lazy but that goes without saying).

I am so not a girly-girl. Big Grin
What I REALLY need, were I like my sisters, is that like...tatoo'ing of makeup cuz my eyebrows are very thin. Read it can be thyroid or maybe, Mayybe the low cortisol problem.

Hey, being a feminine but tomboy-like chick can be way, cool. Heck, isn't that what we Texas chicks are described as? Cool
I wasn't girly even when I was, and I wasn't romantic even when I was, romantic.

I may buy a pink gun. Hope the laser is red. Saw one that is beautiful. Does that count?

(05-30-2016, 03:14 PM)DLP Wrote: After the last bout of chemo and baldness, the lashes grew in sparsely so I don't bother with mascara. Don't wear fake lashes, either, because I'm allergic to adhesives(and I'm lazy but that goes without saying).

I am so not a girly-girl.  Big Grin
I'd feel silly carrying a pink firearm. Silver, now I could do silver. Big Grin
LOL silver's okay. Well, I can't have roses and lace on the thing, can I? Well....maybe can have a rose or two painted on a white gun. Have to see if white exists. I was thinking that maybe pink can help prevent my post-menopausal voice from getting too deep, LOL.
My tattoos are the regular variety and def not the makeup kind. (One on my lower calf, one around my bicep and a bracelet - all out in the open). I thought that was so funny because I wear so little, and the with and without are totally me. But sometimes I feel zombie-like anyway. People can never guess my age and I attribute it to not a lot of makeup. I do love my lipstick tho.

I would do a black firearm.
I have seen some beautiful tats.

There's a name for the permanent makeup, or is that what it's called? I have a cousin that owns a shop that does it and the dermabrasion.

Somewhere here in Texas is a gun that's a cliche in this state. It really does have a pearl handle, LOL. It's so old I wonder if it's even safe to fire anymore. I don't know who got it when my second parent died. I need a lighter handgun. I want one that's not much heavier than a tube of lipstick. Okay, I exaggerate a tad.
My ex has a 357 Colt Python. One big mamajama gun. Makes you feel important. I've fired it, and it shore do have a kick.

See, I'm a tomboy with a dash of lipstick!
LOL if you aren't a Texan, I officially honor you with status of "one of us." Heck, I think all of us NDC chicks would make a great, professional group, maybe we should start our own snooping service. Together, we're quite the package.
Why Ms. Nanny, I accept the compliment! I think I could be a Texan in a heartbeat. Cuz I hear you don't mess with Texas, and you darn sure don't mess with me either! Me or mine! LOL
That's it! You've "got the right stuff."

Ever heard that old, cliche-like comment (I even encountered it on Twitter a couple of times) something like, "If you ever hear a Texas gal say "Oh, HELL no" ....then the second part has several version...they say "back off" "run like heck" etc.
Then I guess I am right there with ya, because I already use that one! There's a Pintrest quote too that goes - "Assuming I was like most girls was your first mistake!" The picture is of a woman's hands reloading her shotgun. Mmmm, hmmmm....... Smile
I love this thread!

That meme is all too accurate for me.

I personally love make up! And yes, when I'm not fixed up, I feel like I either look like the undead or a kid. I BELIEVE in eyeliner and lipgloss! I don't know if I could LIVE without those two things. And even though I love makeup, I find I am NOT good at those online tutorials. Best for me to just keep it light and simple. :p

Doing online tutorials like:

Best compliment I ever got was from a guy lying on the ground and looking up at me standing over him: "You sure don't fight like a girl." Damn skippy, asshat. Remember that the next time you get "international"-Roman hands and Russian fingers -and she tells you to back off.

And on those times I carry, it's a Colt. 45 semi and it's silver. My firearms instructor called it the equivalent of a Ferrari. Figures, given my affection for sleek, fast, and powerful vehicles. Big Grin
Goldengal, Yep, you fit dang-perfectly. I like that one!

I use things like, "don't mistaken my patience for weakness." or do I say it REALLY redneck and this other term, "don't mistake my kindness for weakness." Seems I have another word for "weakness" but it ain't com'in to me right now.
Mama had some funny ones. She jokingly, of course would say about anyone that wronged or threatened one of her peeps, "I'll kill him and tell God he died."

ELYSE!! good to read ya. As I once told Windy, this email isn't working, keeping in-touch. hugs~

(06-01-2016, 11:11 AM)Goldengirl Wrote: Then I guess I am right there with ya, because I already use that one! There's a Pintrest quote too that goes - "Assuming I was like most girls was your first mistake!" The picture is of a woman's hands reloading her shotgun. Mmmm, hmmmm.......  Smile
(06-01-2016, 11:47 AM)Elyse Wrote: I love this thread!

That meme is all too accurate for me.

I personally love make up! And yes, when I'm not fixed up, I feel like I either look like the undead or a kid. I BELIEVE in eyeliner and lipgloss! I don't know if I could LIVE without those two things. And even though I love makeup, I find I am NOT good at those online tutorials. Best for me to just keep it light and simple. :p

Doing online tutorials like:

Thanks Elyse, I needed that visual! very funny......
Gal, I just ended 22yrs of my life living in the most lib. state in the nation where carrying was a dream and impossible. Didn't dare...was allowed to have 'em but best not need'em unless one could prove beyond ANY doubt one was about to have been killed.

I grew up here, and Mama had one that fit as nicely in her purse as it did in the nightstand. But, she didn't have to carry all of the time "back in the day." She sure would've were she alive in this nuts world. *TEXAS* and here common-sense allows for us to live safely!

(06-01-2016, 12:18 PM)DLP Wrote: Best compliment I ever got was from a guy lying on the ground and looking up at me standing over him: "You sure don't fight like a girl." Damn skippy, asshat. Remember that the next time you get "international"-Roman hands and Russian fingers -and she tells you to back off.

And on those times I carry, it's a Colt. 45 semi and it's silver. My firearms instructor called it the equivalent of a Ferrari.  Figures, given my affection for sleek, fast, and powerful vehicles. Big Grin