Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The man with the nuclear suitcase
18April2017
No intention set

This dream took place as if I were watching it on a screen.

A man, an Air Force officer(He wore an AF uniform) wearing captain's bars, tasked with carrying the case with the nuclear codes for the president. Something happens, something that happens before the actual dream takes place, causes him to take the suitcase and run to prevent the codes from being used. He goes to ground, drops out of sight. Massive manhunt ensues, yet the officer is able to evade for some time. Eventually, though, he is found and surrounded by armed security police. The officer is calm, even though he knows he will either be imprisoned or killed. Another man pushes through the phalanx of security police. The man appears young, like late teens. He's dressed in royal robes and is wearing a crown. Think King Joffrey from "Game of Thrones." He struts around the officer, taunting him and telling him that he failed in his attempt to keep the codes from him(the king). The AF officer ignores the king, stares directly at the camera, at me, as if he can see me watching, and says, I tried but I've failed. It's up to you and those like you now.

Scene cuts to an icy, snowy land. I get the feel of Antarctica. As I watch, the land shakes. Cracks. A mountain of sorts rises from beneath the ice. When the mountain stops rising, I see doorways in the base creaking open. Red light shines from behind the opening doors. Lightning crackles around the door edges. I can't see what's inside the openings, it's all blackness. But a sense of dread fills me. Whatever that idiot king has done has caused the Old Ones to rise, to wake. The scene ends.

I ask if there's another timeline, another way to stop what is to come. The whole sequence begins again, with the AF officer, this time wearing the oak leaf insignia of a major, taking the case with the nuclear codes and running. The next sequence of events was similar, with minor changes in locations and people, and the outcome is the same. The AF officer even looks at the camera and speaks to me as he did before. When the Antarctica sequence begins again, I wake, knowing that whatever is to happen has been set into play and the only things that will be changed are the minor details.

Notes: I don't watch "GoT," but my family does, so I am familiar with the king in the sense of him being an egotistical, narcissistic, blustering, spoiled, and general disaster as a leader as a way to represent our current leadership.

The AF officer did have some assistance in his escape, from those who feared the king was ready to use those codes in some manner. While I didn't see the actual use or resulting bombing, whatever happens causes a chain reaction that eventually leads to the Old Ones rising. I also feel such dread when that happens.

I shared this dream with my husband, too. Then I read the bot run for 18April-http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...-are-Ready-and was struck by how much the run mirrored my dream. Downright eerie, really.
ok wow!
DLP - Who are the "old ones"?

When I was writing this question I heard the song, Home on the Range.
DLP - wanted to check in with you. How are you doing with processing this dream?
See the next dream, http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...n-Big-Boom - it's eery similar in the nuclear winter theme.
(04-19-2017, 12:33 PM)Julie Wrote: DLP - Who are the "old ones"?

When I was writing this question I heard the song, Home on the Range.

There are different definitions for "Old Ones" but for me, they are those beings/creatures/lifeforms that inhabited this planet before even the dinosaurs.

(04-20-2017, 07:43 AM)Julie Wrote: DLP - wanted to check in with you. How are you doing with processing this dream?

Makes me want to find one of those mountain hideaways we keep dreaming about and hunker down for a while. Wink

(04-20-2017, 07:00 PM)Dreamcat Wrote: See the next dream, http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...n-Big-Boom - it's eery similar in the nuclear winter theme.

Yeah, I noticed. We must be picking up on something floating around in the ether.