Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting of Geisha girls, 12.13.17 pm
Before going to sleep last night, when I closed my eyes I saw a picture/painting. The painting is of 3 identical Geisha girls. I tried finding something similar on google, but found nothing close to what I saw.

They are standing sideways one behind each other. The kimono clothes are red & white. They are each holding a dark colored parasol up over their heads. Half the parasol stuck out of the painting. There are apple blossoms in the picture somewhere.

NO idea where this vision originated from. The reason I am posting this is to have a record of it in case I see this picture soon.
Cassandra - I wonder if red and white kimonos have any significance. Did you see a pattern in the colors? And I wonder about the apple blossoms. It all seems very symbolic.

Red and white are prominent traditional colors in Japan and mean good luck. They are often used in kimonos.
I snipped and created the picture below from the internet. This is similar to what I saw. The difference in what I saw: The women are holding the parasols straight up, the women are smiling, faces painted white with red lips, the trees are green with blossoms pink and white, the parasols were a dark color and the clothes are white with red trim.  

(12-14-2017, 08:11 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: Cassandra - I wonder if red and white kimonos have any significance. Did you see a pattern in the colors? And I wonder about the apple blossoms. It all seems very symbolic.

Red and white are prominent traditional colors in Japan and mean good luck. They are often used in kimonos.