Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake - San Francisco
I had the following dream this morning. I was walking to the train station to get to work. Several areas/streets that I had to walk through were flooded. I was in muddy water up to my waist on at least one occasion. In my mind I thought...geez now I have to sit in wet clothes at work until I dry off. As I continued to walk to the train station, I passed stores that had there doors open and  I heard either a radio broadcast or a  television broadcast that indicated there had been an earthquake in San Francisco. I did not hear if it was a minor earthquake or one of a larger magnitude. As I continued on my way, I stopped and sat outside with some children who were waiting for their school doors to open for the day. I then realized that I had to get moving and I continued to the train station where I saw men in the service wearing their army (camo) uniforms. I then woke up.
After reading your dream, I checked the internet for earthquakes and anything that would "pop" out to me. I found this article from 2015 and the words Cascadia Subduction Zone, "popped" out. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/...ly-big-one.
That New Yorker article created quite a scare in Seattle at the time it was published, as the Cascadia subduction zone runs along the coast of Oregon and Washington. SF is on the northern portion of the San Andreas Fault, and is as vulnerable as Southern California to earthquakes along that fault.
Thanks Maat. I did some more research and it all seems to be a "wait and see" thing for both those fault lines.
Actually there are some quakes going on in San Francisco Bay area right now around Mt Diablo which has a thrust fault under it and connected to thee concord and green valley faults. April 30 today there was another one at 3.3mg ...just checked usgs.
9:20 CST. May 2nd.
Just had visions of a tilting freeway. And a neighbourhood with rising water until it's covering tops of houses. Will write more tomorrow. I have a sick uneasy feeling.
Tilting from a flood or earthquake? Water from a dam break or rain
flood?
(05-02-2018, 09:48 PM)Cassandra Wrote: 9:20 CST. May 2nd.
Just had visions of a tilting freeway. And a neighbourhood with rising water until it's covering tops of houses. Will write more tomorrow.  I have a sick uneasy feeling.
The first scene I saw is freeway that was vibrating/shaking/swaying and there was no water. The second scene was where I saw houses submerged under water. I hope this is a movie script. Sometimes I pickup on those and see the movie later and think, hey I dreamed this.

"quote='twiceblessed9' pid='32813' dateline='1525331954']
Tilting from a flood or earthquake?  Water from a dam break or rain
flood?
(05-02-2018, 09:48 PM)Cassandra Wrote: 9:20 CST. May 2nd.
Just had visions of a tilting freeway. And a neighbourhood with rising water until it's covering tops of houses. Will write more tomorrow.  I have a sick uneasy feeling.

[/quote]
There is some possibility that a portion of currently active Hawaiian volcano could break off if things keep going the way they are about a Manhattan size chunk could slide into ocean creating a mega tsunami but with my dreams it would happen after the big one hits San Francisco.
I have dreamed that after the big one's hit access to California is restricted by the military the damage is so bad San Francisco Bay area is a total loss. 200 ft tsunami plus quake will do it in along with what remains of the US economy.