Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Begin culling the herd
So my dream last night was that people from previously in my life were back here on the farm. It was not the same house more of a lodge it seemed (but I am trying to make it that). I offered breakfast to those staying here…. They took over the cooking and I went outside as it seemed crowded inside (people fleeing and finding safe haven?). As I was walking the dogs were playing and it was really pleasant and slow. Some hay was cut, might be I was completely elsewhere in a new community.

I seemed very happy, yet alone with all these strangers, sharing a life I have chosen and maybe one that was forced on them.

On my walk I was by the creek, it was a little fuller and more wooded that I recall previously (so maybe I did move but people from history and locals are here). Anyway at the creek I saw what I thought were crawdads and was like wow those are lobsters…. I was delighted to see them. One at first and then a second. Call for others to come see and while in the creek, it seemed as though the creek flowed back into the center of the earth. The lobsters were gone and some creature was in the creek and I kicked something too it and it ate it.

Someone asked if they could buy some diesel from me as I have stocked up on it for my tractors. I asked why and it was for the tractor to help plant (I think) as the couple I recall is vegetarian and we’re just happ to eat.

——-

On your notes, I try and root cellar produce every year still have too many onions left. A few potatoes and need to do a better job this summer and maybe I will not be distracted and build my garden boxes. Wish another were here to help.

Oh and a large bag of beans, rice oats and other dry goods if you have access to water (which living in a city is mildly insane today, imo)

Messages In This Thread
Begin culling the herd - by Maat - 03-16-2022, 12:53 PM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Sunatta - 03-21-2022, 09:11 AM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Cassandra - 03-27-2022, 01:07 PM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Maat - 03-28-2022, 09:26 PM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Cassandra - 03-29-2022, 10:00 AM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Sunatta - 03-31-2022, 02:27 AM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Cassandra - 03-31-2022, 01:42 PM
RE: Begin culling the herd - by Sunatta - 04-17-2022, 07:14 AM