Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11/25/14 New Format Pending
Sorry to make this short, but based on the observations of others, I'm spending my time now on a valid scaling system to display with the words that pop up. In the past, I used to present the daily surge percentage, but I've since found a better way to organize the words and I did not present numbers to prevent tampering. Well, that clearly doesn't work because words do need context in relation to each other and it's historical comparison. Therefore, I'm just printing the words for today while I go back to working on the new presentation.

By the way, Lucy and Bush are both low-level gainers.

agent
press
lucy

exploding
lucky
loss
wandering
bush
currently
listen
wild
aliens
escaping
soul
explains
huh
bet
reaching
thanks
ray
perspective
Here's a sample of the new scaled system. The old sorting algorithm is still in tact....no changes there.

However, I was able to formulate a new scale that discriminates among the various factors that I believe will help us start judging whether something is going to come true (once we gather enough data, then we can have a feel for whether the numbers are meaningful).

The far left column compares the hits today with the highest peak in that word in the last 90 days (I may consider changing that to historical)

The middle column is an aggregate score that looks at the daily surge and adds a component of the left column, to factor in how this word is doing compared to history.

I'll have more boxes and highlights too, but this is a beginning snapshot...

Forgot to mention....the old Red Alert levels are AROUND the 5.00 area on this new surge scale. Because there are new factors here, the old Red Alert numbers are not exactly congruent with what we have here.
Lucy? Ray may be a name, too. Bush? oh boy, potential for a huge news headline there. This run will be fun because Lucy is not a very common name in this era. at a glance I can't think of anyone but Lucy of that silly, old show.

"Press currently listen?" Wonder what they'll listen to instead of always pontificating, as if to make the news instead of reporting it.

"Escaping 2015?" I dig that idea and trust we humble souls that number in the many millions, do just that.
I think the benefits of establishing and keeping a system such as this will be twofold:

1. By way of comparison, we'll be able to know which words to really pay attention to

2. We'll now be able to track the scale score with the word to find any surge-related trends AFTER the word manifests in reality. For example, if Lucy shows up in 30 days, not only do we have a name associated with 30 days, we also have the scale score of 5.00 to compare with other manifested names.

I do also think that the historical peaks are important to better understanding the validity of the words. For example, agent being on top means something, but the fact that it's on top of the list AND it's 30% less than it's 90-day peak, makes me want to go back and see exactly when that peak occurred because it might be important for timing purposes. There are a million other stats we can develop, but we'll just see how meaningful these become, particularly the surge scale.

I think I'll start taking a hack tomorrow at where to place the general watch zones. For example, the red box is the same as it's always been...the red alert area. We have seen words and phrases at the bottom manifest, too, so ideally, we want to generate a list each day that manifests more words from the top of the list and less words from the bottom. That will help us determine whether we have the right algorithm sorting going on.