Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/16/15 More Toilet meming and a Giant Portal
(01-16-2015, 02:21 PM)Nanny Wrote: A "giant portal" at the "border" or even an underground "rail?" It even has the "convenience" of "bathrooms?"

Sometimes our subconscious provides the metaphors in ways we can understand, using familiar settings to represent other things. You just have to understand/know what certain things represent in your personal mythology. For instance, when I was a kid, I lived in a 580 sq ft. trailer with 5 other members of the family. The only place to get any privacy was the bathroom. So when toilets/bathrooms show up in my dreams, it's almost always having to do with having a private place to hide(I almost used the word "go" but decided that was too bad of a pun. Big Grin ) outside of the dream activity. It's like I step outside of the dream through a portal into a "pocket dream" that ends up in a bathroom. When I leave the bathroom, I return through the portal and I'm back in the main dream.

But this tags on to Nanny's thought of a giant portal using a bathroom as metaphor. Think of a closed portal with "whatevers" on the other side wanting to come to this side would be the equivalent of a stopped up toilet. If the toilet suddenly gets unplugged, everything that's been backed up in the bowl just flushes loose all at once. Or like a plugged sewer line when the blockage is released. Everything that's been backed up is now free to flow again. Same thing with a blocked portal that suddenly goes down for whatever reason(and it happens). Whatever's on the other side is now able to pass freely to this side.

I don't talk about what I do very much because it sounds so woo-woo(even to me) but one of my "jobs" over the past couple years has been monitoring various portals, several along the southern border. All the oil work, the fracking, is seriously screwing with the integrity of the portals. Most are holding but it wouldn't take much to change that status. An earthquake or some geological incident occurring could trigger that change in status.

OTOH, I could be way off base and, to paraphrase Freud, a bathroom is just a bathroom and the bathroom-oriented dreams are little more than people are scared shitless about the country and world being flushed down the drain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1/16/15 More Toilet meming and a Giant Portal - by ThePaladin - 01-16-2015, 04:27 PM