Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/19/15 Red Alert: Alchemy (in the Underground Weapons Market?))
I used psychedelics of more than one type, in the early seventies. I now use self-awareness meditation and can only, of course see this subject from a very personal vantage point. I shudder that otherwise healthy, often young individuals may accept the psychedelics when true stillness with self-awareness is so healing to every issue in life, even physical issues sometimes.

That the Pentagon knows of self awareness meditation's successes and I have some inside knowledge of this that I am not wise to discuss publicly, dangit, and they have dragged their feet to embrace it but are considering psychedelics for PTSD is something that I find filthily disgusting. (Editing this in....the country is polarized like never before in my lifetime, and so is this institution, The Pentagon. We truly have haters of the nation as well as a majority of lovers of the USA "as founded" within it. There actually exist humans that do not want the PTSD/suicide epidemic to improve. Hence, yes push brain implants and psychedelics on our finest. We're in nutty, dangerous times.)

Yes, both mindfulness/self awareness meditation and Psychedelics are both outcasts, but this fact alone doesn't necessitate that they be considered in the same class in other respects. I think I've realized why the meditation is an outcast--because it not only works the best but it's way, too close to the Christian experience that may not be common, but exists of the stillness of being alone with a good Spirit. In many ways, self-awareness meditation is a razor's edge away from a true spiritual experience, and the dark side of the force not only knows this, but hates it.

(01-20-2015, 11:30 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Actually there is quite a bit of evidence that psychedelics can do a phenomenal job at curing all types of psychological ails. Stanlisov Grof is a pioneer in this segment of psychology, and he started back in the 50's. I spent a lot of time in my Master of Art investigating his concept of "Spiritual Emergency," and some conspirists would argue that psychedelics were not only banned in the US, but also received a lot of propaganda against it BECAUSE OF THEIR TREMENDOUSLY EFFECTIVE ABILITY TO cure psychological problems. 

Psychedelics have received the same level of disrespect as weed. Of course these substances can and do get misused. But they also have some extremely powerful effects, and it's a shame that we've been propagandized that they are straight from hell. I would argue that alcohol is a worse drug than both the aforementioned substances, and what's extraordinarily baffling? Is that mainstream psychology AGREES with me!! (in that alcohol is the most dangerous drug of all) Go figure Smile

Nanny: Here's what's also very interesting...your recommendation of self-awareness is also an amazingly effective protocol for healing certain problems. But get this...mindfulness meditation and psychedelics actually are both outcasts of the mainstream psychological industry, and what's more they are both part of what's called "Transpersonal Psychology," where both of these modalities are honored for there therapeutic qualities.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1/19/15 Red Alert: Alchemy (in the Underground Weapons Market?)) - by Nanny - 01-21-2015, 03:32 PM