Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russians explose breakthrough U.S. spying program
Do we have anything on this?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/1...QV20150216
Okay, everyone, I know we've been talking at length about this, but rest assured, they aren't spying on you okay? They are only looking for bad guys. WINK WINK.

Looking at this story and it's supposed source, I'm wondering if this an attempt to try and comfort the sheeple ahead of some big revelations down the pike. They want people thinking that they are only interested in capturing bad people, but that's just clearly not the case. So, the following paragraph sort of makes you feel relieved because "oh well, the spying gear is all over there in the other part of the world."

Kaspersky said it found personal computers in 30 countries infected with one or more of the spying programs, with the most infections seen in Iran, followed by Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Mali, Syria, Yemen and Algeria. The targets included government and military institutions, telecommunication companies, banks, energy companies, nuclear researchers, media, and Islamic activists, Kaspersky said.

In my mind, this next paragraph pretty much confirms the work of people like David Ike. The spying programs are everywhere and they are looking at most everyone.

Kaspersky's reconstructions of the spying programs show that they could work in disk drives sold by more than a dozen companies, comprising essentially the entire market. They include Western Digital Corp, Seagate Technology Plc, Toshiba Corp, IBM, Micron Technology Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.

Bottom line: This information would NEVER come out unless either: 1) They for some reason want it to come out, or 2) something BIG is coming and they perhaps need a good excuse for it (i.e. a setup)
Interesting. Thanks!
(02-16-2015, 08:36 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Okay, everyone, I know we've been talking at length about this, but rest assured, they aren't spying on you okay? They are only looking for bad guys. WINK WINK.

Looking at this story and it's supposed source, I'm wondering if this an attempt to try and comfort the sheeple ahead of some big revelations down the pike. They want people thinking that they are only interested in capturing bad people, but that's just clearly not the case. So, the following paragraph sort of makes you feel relieved because "oh well, the spying gear is all over there in the other part of the world."

Kaspersky said it found personal computers in 30 countries infected with one or more of the spying programs, with the most infections seen in Iran, followed by Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Mali, Syria, Yemen and Algeria. The targets included government and military institutions, telecommunication companies, banks, energy companies, nuclear researchers, media, and Islamic activists, Kaspersky said.

In my mind, this next paragraph pretty much confirms the work of people like David Ike. The spying programs are everywhere and they are looking at most everyone.

Kaspersky's reconstructions of the spying programs show that they could work in disk drives sold by more than a dozen companies, comprising essentially the entire market. They include Western Digital Corp, Seagate Technology Plc, Toshiba Corp, IBM, Micron Technology Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.

Bottom line: This information would NEVER come out unless either: 1) They for some reason want it to come out, or 2) something BIG is coming and they perhaps need a good excuse for it (i.e. a setup)
Do you mean do we have bot runs that point to it? This can be a lot of fun to scan the pages of runs for a headline.

Good find, this is huge news and yep, Eagle1 this is too good to get from Reuters instead of Snowden or a whistleblower, so....hmmm.

I'm surprised NSA even needed to slip something in at the manufacturing level. I pictured them grabbing everything as it goes between servers.

(02-16-2015, 07:26 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Do we have anything on this?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/1...QV20150216
Did the NSA spy on you and pass information to GCHQ in the UK? Here's how to find out
By Mark Wilson Published 1 day ago
http://betanews.com/2015/02/16/did-the-n...-find-out/

The NSA Has Always Been Spying on You
By Andy Cush | June 19, 2013 - 11:30AM
http://animalnewyork.com/2013/the-nsa-ha...ng-on-you/