Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I have learned since joining the NDC
Some of the many things I have learned since joining the NDC, (feel free to add your own).

Think outside the box, always.
When thinking outside the box doesn't work, it is probably starring right in front of you, word for word. (duh)
Get to know your metaphors, they are often the key to unlocking a puzzle.
There is always that word, you know, the one in the middle of the dreambot run. The one that makes absolutely no sense at all EVER.
Occasionally it does make sense, weeks later.
There are many ways to describe a twin. But does twin mean mirror, Gemini or clone?
For that matter, does Gemini mean spacecraft or space astrology? Or just, you know, twin?
Science, OMG!!! I have been studying about so much science...phys.com could be my home page.
While working on the dreambot runs I have had my "OMG!!!" moments. And then, 5 minutes later, I have a bigger "OMG!!!" moment, and I don't know how to post about that because really, "OMG!!!!!!!!!!" is just going to look ridiculous.
Sssshh! Apparently there is this new NDC website coming... but it has some holes and issues.
Cern created the world wide web so maybe they are creating the new website. That would explain everything.
Seriously, would anybody here have guessed Cern created the World Wide Web?? ( Still not sure how to rank THAT omg moment)
Sometimes it is like an arcade pinball machine game here with all these ideas and thoughts bouncing off each other.
Smile I have never really been much of a "dreamer" just on occasion. I most say, I have a DEEP appreciation for all of you here. You have taught me a great deal already.

Thank you!
HA!!! Love it, TwiceBlessed! Just know we've learned a ton from you, too and so glad you're here!
NDC is addictive.... Cool
1) Most words have multiple meanings, fit multiple headlines and happen on widely spaced days.
2) We are the most interesting people.
3) We are willing and glad to help each other.
4) All the people that do post wish for more people to join and post more dreams and ideas.
5) Many of our dreamers have difficulty sleeping.
6) Many of us at one time feared our gifts.
7) Most of us learn from this site.
thank you!! about reiterating that CERN indeed created the WWW. I thought I had read that but flew past it one busy day. Then, a few nights ago while up very late and finding bot runs that do point to CERN, I thought I was imagining that CERN created the internet. This matters....just in case....
a particular bot run that has "Apache ceremony" near the top is pointing to CERN. Way back in the birth of the internet CERN had it on a server called "Apache!" Found that in my research.

Now, need to go back to that bot run and see if it maybe is referring to CERN.

Oh, on the main focus of your thread here....am very tired so can add to this another time, and I like your list a lot.

We can get more and more out of a bot run going back to them multiple times! When we're rested and undistracted, no multitasking then it seems as if they are more fruitful instead of it being us.

(03-22-2015, 09:03 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Some of the many things I have learned since joining the NDC, (feel free to add your own).

Think outside the box, always.
When thinking outside the box doesn't work, it is probably starring right in front of you, word for word. (duh)
Get to know your metaphors, they are often the key to unlocking a puzzle.
There is always that word, you know, the one in the middle of the dreambot run. The one that makes absolutely no sense at all EVER.
Occasionally it does make sense, weeks later.  
There are many ways to describe a twin.  But does twin mean mirror, Gemini or clone?
For that matter, does Gemini mean spacecraft or space astrology? Or just, you know, twin?
Science, OMG!!!  I have been studying about so much science...phys.com could be my home page.
While working on the dreambot runs I have had my "OMG!!!" moments.  And then, 5 minutes later, I have a bigger "OMG!!!"  moment, and I don't know how to post about that because really, "OMG!!!!!!!!!!" is just going to look ridiculous.
Sssshh!  Apparently there is this new NDC website coming... but it has some holes and issues.
Cern created the world wide web so maybe they are creating the new website.  That would explain everything.
Seriously, would anybody here have guessed Cern created the World Wide Web?? ( Still not sure how to rank THAT omg moment)
Sometimes it is like an arcade pinball machine game here with all these ideas and thoughts bouncing off each other.
Smile I have never really been much of a "dreamer"  just on occasion.  I most say, I have a DEEP appreciation for all of you here.  You have taught me a great deal already.

Thank you!
Wish we had like buttons, cause I'd like everyone's inputs here! Esholar's list is pretty cool. Didn't know she had noticed those things about us. Very observant! Smile
"like"
I guess that will do! lol
(03-23-2015, 05:20 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Wish we had like buttons, cause I'd like everyone's inputs here! Esholar's list is pretty cool. Didn't know she had noticed those things about us. Very observant! Smile

Yes! I totally noticed the same about your number 1. It is kinda odd but fascinating.
(03-23-2015, 11:20 AM)esholars Wrote: 1) Most words have multiple meanings, fit multiple headlines and happen on widely spaced days.
2) We are the most interesting people.
3) We are willing and glad to help each other.
4) All the people that do post wish for more people to join and post more dreams and ideas.
5) Many of our dreamers have difficulty sleeping.
6) Many of us at one time feared our gifts.
7) Most of us learn from this site.
NADW, how dare I single-out any one of these on your list since the list in-total is fantastic. However, #19 is my fav. They'll all serve you well in life, and already are, but that one is, IMO your guide in the numerical world. It is for all of us because the chatter in our minds is the Liar-of-Old.
I love reading what everyone has posted in this thread. I also appreciate the fact that many of you have shared your thoughts and wisdom.
This is a good thing. The sharing and NDC.
NADW,
Your list is simply amazing. #13 added about 50 points....just kidding. A couple of things really pop out to me on your list. #8 and #9

I'm convinced that my poorly designed website has turned away literally thousands of people. It is just too complicated and it was never set up for the stuff we're doing now. You betcha your not alone. Although you are extremely talented and unique, there are SO MANY people out there just like you. Imagine if we had hundreds of them piled into these discussions.

#9: No, you are not crazy whatsoever. AND at the same time, all of humanity, every single one of us IS crazy. All crazy signifies is a person who cannot bend their perceptions enough to understand the other person. In other words, the actual person who is crazy is the person who cannot understand the person who does not fit nicely into their closed-box worldview. In more words, it's the person who points out everyone else as crazy who is actually crazy. Got it? We're all crazy in that we fail to truly understand our other selves walking around in life. We point the finger at them when they do something that does not conform to our standards.

So glad you found us in year #1, NADW! Year #2 will be extraordinarily different. I hope to attract more NADWs to the new forum. Once that gets up and running, we'll supercharge the inflow. Thanks for making this place real, NADW!