Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Hum" Scientists think they have found the Answer
Oh wow! we share this too?! Tell me, sistah! LOL do you get or have you gotten over the past few years, more than one sound, and both or all of them a good number of times.

I get this sound that's become more frequent than ever before. It's the oh....less realistic railroad sound. I live where there is no railroad for over a hundred miles in any direction, but no probably further, much further. One area am not positive about.

This sound-of-recent lacks the distinct clackety-clack? with the bumble or moan of the RR sound. Before, I was even a year ago, and not often getting the freakily total sound that reminded me of childhood and visiting folks that lived a few miles from a RR, and very faintly could hear along with that moan or hum? of a train going by, a rhythmical sound of when the train goes over some RR hardware. never mind, I could describe this better if I had just heard it and was speaking instead of trying to type.

I also get a jet engine sound and it is PRECISELY that sound. It's a feel-good memory tripper because hubby used to fly for a living and we spouses, maybe once a year were allowed to sit for a couple of hours what I would've thought was illegally-close to the runway during their preflights. Oh, the memories of newlywed come vividly and yet I remember the sadness of saying bye for 6 months.

I used to get up and open my bedroom window to detect these sounds outside, but it's actually quieter outside at those times.
Then, I finally searched this subject up online and yep, sites confirmed that the earth's hum is detectable indoors, not outdoors, saying this is what tons of folks have reported...."tons" of those that can detect them. A very low percentage of the human race can.

We..........are............weird! LOL J/K~

I know that feeling of being the only one! Thankfully, hubby's studied acoustics in-depth and we've kicked around a few ideas. Perhaps the earth hum gets trapped inside buildings for some reason and we that are sensitive are helped to hear it easier, well for us it is.

I have searched this online twice, about a year apart or so, online. Frustrating or puzzling to find one year more references to what I hear, and the other time, sounds I do not.

[quote='DLP' pid='15070' dateline='1433883167']
In early May, I heard the sound of a train moving along a track, complete with an occasional whistle over the course of a week. It was the first time I'd heard that sound and I haven't heard it since.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Hum" Scientists think they have found the Answer - by Nanny - 06-09-2015, 05:38 PM