Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't give up, whatever the issue, *HOLD ON* better age just ahead~

This old rock song says it so well that this is, to me one of my church music songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt83ol6bcTU

Yeah, "Hold On," but how? Oh, various ways can help us. This attitude in the next song sure is a good one. Nobody can destroy your soul, and this is part of my attitude. Another rock song that's church music to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKFwtgUJHs

I don't call this next one church music, not quite....but it's attitude music.

Oh! Just in case some kooks are surfing the net and see this song, I state truly and clearly that I'm a non-violent person though a lifetime member of NRA (*grin) so let common sense reign here. I've said "hit me with your best shot" in debates, and probably in a bar, dig? lol....

The great attitude is that we always get back up and we'll be just fine, bruised perhaps but on our feet, proudly so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=serV18MirGg&spfreload=1

"You'd give anything to silence those voices ringing in your head" sang The Eagles in this song....church music to me! Uh huh, they get it...about meditation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTP9qK_Wjr4

I was a spiritual desperado for many years, decades in fact. Now, walking on water? LOL not even ice, as it would laugh at me as it cracked. Nope...just headed in the right direction.

The song "Desperado" by The Eagles...speaks to me, reminds me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDNtqy0z...8371D17CA2 ....point is that we don't have to stay desperadoes. While it is true that the biggest uncharted territory is the journey inside ourselves it is the most rewarding journey, also. Have the eye of the tiger with the inner-demons and know that The Light is waiting inside, that warmth can't be denied you. Just a sincere humility within, secret to all but Creator is the key.

You can do it...meditate. Taste it, please if you never have. If you did and walked away, like "yech" please give it another chance.
Our owner/boss/leader here, Eagle1 has provided a page to Self-Awareness Meditation. He links us to it from the NDC Front Page, but here's the link directly...

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/wp/how-to...editation/

I meditate for many reasons but can sum it up perhaps. Being lost in thought comes naturally for us all, and yet I get beautiful glimpses of when I was four and five, for example and not yet lost in thought. I had no particular issue before me and it was still and peaceful in my mind.

I have realized that we make our mistakes when lost in thought and/or emotional. Yes, emotions are natural but as with anything else, there is such a thing as "too much" of anything, and exaggerated emotions often usher in our mistakes, big and little.

I think we humans are on auto-pilot when lost in the thought stream. My goal is not blank-out my mind but to become the willing observer of my thought stream instead of taken-away as if in a boat in a stream.

I use the meditation here, and there's a long and short version of introduction to it. I, of course no longer need any recording. We very soon are done with them and just sit, close eyes and do it. The longer version is great for reminding us of some things, attitudes etc...and the shorter is just as "magical" because it's a "just do it" in a seven minute recording.

Here it is...
http://antidoteforall.com/

Here is the longer version which a now-retired Army Colonel discovered, used with his own troops with great success and he now has a 501c, helping our military of all branches. Here is his page directly to his exercise.
http://www.patriotoutreach.org/be-still.html

There on his front page of www.patriotoutreach.org is Col. Monaco's explanation of what his exercise is and how it works so very well.

Many years ago, I woke up from a coma, hooked up to every machine imaginable, not knowing where or when I was or what happened to me, and as I laid there feeling sorry for myself and counting the dots in the acoustic ceiling tiles, a line from a song came to me: I may be barely breathing but I'm not dead.

Bring on the Rain

This song was my anthem throughout my recovery and every time it gets rough and the temptation to just quit and lie down begins to seem pretty damned appealing...like today.

Today has not been a good day for me. I'm struggling today, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually and holding on is about all I've been able to do. It's been a long, long time since I've felt like this and I'm not sure why it's happened.

But tomorrow's another day and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain.

I'll be okay. And we can use the rain here in TX.

Heart
Oh girl that song is awesome! I had forgotten about the singer and not sure I remembered the song but it is so fitting for today! More about that later.

You've paid your dues and been through hell, sounds like tested very much. If you ever want to share more about when you were in and came out of that coma, please know you'll have a captive, sincere "audience" but it's so personal and heavy of an experience that my saying this is *not* a pressure for you to do so.
I'm nuttin special but am here and in PM too, the welcome mat is out.

Today's been a bear for you, NADW and a very close friend that called and had been just emotionally abused, publicly humiliated and mostly tested---so many buttons pushed in trying to make her lower herself to very cruel folks' level.

As I hope to get to sleep soon I'll pray for you, for y'all.

Rain! Dig this...yes, our beloved Texas needs it so much, many areas do. East Texas has full reservoirs and looks really green at least in pictures, but I ramble, sorry.
We just finished putting new flooring in, and our roof is 3yrs. and 3mos. old....guess what? Hubby had water drip on him while in his favorite recliner a couple of hours ago, yet it is such light rain that we didn't know it was raining. LOL nobody gets a rose garden and even roses have thorns. But...

I do not mean to compare this with what you're dealing with today, only because of the song being about...rain.

Seriously, God bless and be with you, and may you *get to sleep and then awaken much better.
If there were a way to send cyber-hugs I sure would right now, and in fact we'd get a group hug going for NDC sweet souls. (NADW, sending it your way, too.)

Nanny~

(04-18-2015, 02:25 AM)DLP Wrote: Many years ago, I woke up from a coma, hooked up to every machine imaginable, not knowing where or when I was or what happened to me, and as I laid there feeling sorry for myself and counting the dots in the acoustic ceiling tiles, a line from a song came to me: I may be barely breathing but I'm not dead.

Bring on the Rain

This song was my anthem throughout my recovery and every time it gets rough and the temptation to just quit and lie down begins to seem pretty damned appealing...like today.

Today has not been a good day for me. I'm struggling today, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually and holding on is about all I've been able to do. It's been a long, long time since I've felt like this and I'm not sure why it's happened.

But tomorrow's another day and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain.

I'll be okay. And we can use the rain here in TX.

Heart
The condensed version of the story:

In 2001, I was diagnosed with terminal Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, which started the rounds of chemo and a move from Germany to TX for treatment. Now jump to early 2002. Things started going very badly for me. I developed blood clots around my implanted catheter, which caused me to develop a condition called superior vena cava syndrome. I gained 40 pounds from retained fluids, all from the waist up(I was bald, too. I looked like a freaking bullet head. Big Grin ). My breathing was compromised and even getting up to use the bathroom laid me out for hours. Not only that, the tumor in my chest blocked off my thoracic duct, which meant my left side lung cavity couldn't drain. Fluid backed up in the cavity and squished my lung upwards until it was under my shoulder blade. I was at the oncology clinic every other day for a thoracentesis, a procedure that involves a very big needle being pushed into the lung cavity from the back to drain fluid, usually 1.5 liters. LOL-I was the go to person for all the trainee docs to get that procedure checked off on their training lists, which is another story in itself. Anyway, after about two weeks of this, my body said no more and the poor wanna-be doc got to try and drain fluid using ultrasound to let him know where to tap(Poor guy kept apologizing to me). Long story short, it didn't work. After much discussion, it was decided I needed a chest tube. But I was in such bad shape, they were going to use as little sedation as possible. Another long story short, it didn't work. I crashed on the table and was essentially dead for over 6 minutes(there's a whole story for that, which I heard from the pulmonologist who managed to get me trached and intubated).

I woke up 2.5 weeks later. I had to learn how to sit up, stand, walk, swallow, talk-that was easy, once I got the talking trach-but ten days after I woke up, I walked out of the hospital under my own steam. I didn't walk far, mind you, but it was the gesture. In all, I had spent 5 weeks in the hospital, what with one thing and another.

Two months after my discharge, I was readmitted for an autologous stem cell transplant. That means my own cells were used in the transplant. I spent another month in the hospital for that, mainly because my doc was twitchy after everything that had happened. I liked him so I humored him. Wink Yet another long story short, after two years of follow up chemo, I tested clean. No cancer cells whatsoever. My doc was stunned. Me, not so much. I always knew I wasn't going to die.

See, one of the few memories I have during the coma period is something that happened. I woke up on a "mother ship", for lack of a better term, strapped down on an exam table, and surrounded by medical equipment I didn't recognize. There was a bright light over me, one of those surgical lights. I could hear murmuring and movement in the shadows outside the light but I couldn't see anyone. Then, someone stepped out of the shadows and next to the table. She was tall, slender, black hair cut in a short bob, and big black eyes. She wore a white uniform: A white jacket that reminded me of the old Nehru jackets and white slacks. She looked down at me and smiled. It was such a gentle smile and it felt like it was intended to reassure me. She laid her hand-long slender fingers on a narrow hand-across my forehead. Next thing I knew, I was waking up that 2.5 weeks later.

In 2010, I was talking with a Chilean shaman who wanted to hear the story. When I told her, she said, "Oh. You went to the clinic." It was the first time anyone had understood what I was talking about. I asked her to clarify and she told me that "they took you to the clinic because they take care of their own." All's I know is they-whoever "they" were-fixed me. Yes, our medicine may have had a hand in things, but they fixed me and I lived.

Since that time, I've been working on healing. They fixed my physical body but it's up to me to "fix" my emotional and spiritual bodies. Some days it's a hard slog, facing those parts of myself that I buried and retrieving those soul pieces that fled so I could survive things that happened to me.

I've been doing some heavy-duty work this past week. Put that with the work I did during the week of the full moon and eclipse and I think what's happening is I'm in the middle of a huge shift that's causing an even bigger purging of old energy that no longer serves me. So I just have to be gentle with myself and ride this out until it's finished. Doesn't mean it's fun, though.
So, you were dead for 6 minutes, then in a coma for two-and-a-half weeks? Was there a Near Death Experience so-to-speak, where your soul went somewhere before the clinic, during your coma? This is beyond fascinating! I read it, riveted to the screen. (If it bothers you for me to ask questions, please just tell me, no hesitation. This is about YOU, not me.)

You're a walking miracle. Thank God you knew you were going to live, but your body has suffered and been through so much. However, we are not our bodies. They are our vehicles and you yourself sound great.
I mean you sound like you're going to be fine, in fact I bet you'll be better than ever. Amen on "riding it out." Gentle...I'll hush.
I thank you very much for sharing. I'm humbled and thankful you are a survivor in more ways than one.

I best quit burning the midnight oil, and crash or I'll be worthless later in the day.
My welcome mat's always out.
I hope you're going to get sleep or already are.
Nope, no afterlife-type experience. One time I asked my teacher why I got the experience I did and was told we each get what we need and what we can comprehend. For those who get the standard after life experiences, that's what they need and can comprehend. For me, I needed to see exactly what I saw because as time has gone on, I've come to understand what it meant and how it applies to me.

It took me a long time to even believe what happened to me actually happened. I mean, it was so different from all the NDEs I had read about. I used to joke about what happened, saying I knew what death was, it was being on the mothership. Then one day, a friend's husband who had been critically injured in a construction accident but miraculously survived replied to that quip with a surprised, "You were there, too?" That's when I realized what happened to me wasn't the effect of all the drugs in my system. Not long ago, I read the first installment of Dolores Cannon's "Convoluted Universe" and she references the various stories she's heard about the clinic during hypnosis sessions with her clients. I sat there, nodding my head in recognition. While various little details are different, the overall stories are the same as mine. Given those stories all have to do with other beings, it confirmed other information about my origins I'd discovered during various journeys and meditations.

A friend who spent several years in an ashram once told me there is no good or bad karma, that karma just IS. Good karma, bad. Bad karma, good. Karma just IS. It's all a matter of perception and we choose how we perceive anything. I didn't understand what she meant until I started thinking about my own journey. While I concede it wasn't fun and I don't plan to ever go through such a thing again, it was the best thing that happened to me. I needed to have that happen to shake me out of my comfort zone, to be the wakeup call I couldn't ignore. I had to experience what I did to be able to step out on the path I've been called to follow. I can even take that back a bit further and see how the abusive childhood I survived taught me how to fight through to the other side when I was sick. The things I've experienced were just that: Things I experienced. I choose how I perceive them and how I allow them to affect me. I choose to see them as necessary to my path in this lifetime, not that I'm a victim or a survivor because I had things happen to me. Karma just IS.

Gotta say, when one lets go of all that baggage, it sure frees up time to be and do something else. Wink

It doesn't bother me to talk about any of this and it helps explain why I am who I am today and where I'm going on this path. It also lets people in on my little joke that when I say I'm not from around here, I'm really not from around here.
LOL I like your joke about not "being from around here."

Yes, you've sure helped me/us get to know you and I thank you very much. I'm most thankful to hear that this doesn't bother you one bit. No, still most thankful you are alive and doing so well, but you know what I mean, me and my questions. Glad they were okay.

I hope this new week will be better than the last one, for you.
God bless and hugs~

(04-20-2015, 03:34 AM)DLP Wrote: Nope, no afterlife-type experience. One time I asked my teacher why I got the experience I did and was told we each get what we need and what we can comprehend. For those who get the standard after life experiences, that's what they need and can comprehend. For me, I needed to see exactly what I saw because as time has gone on, I've come to understand what it meant and how it applies to me.

It took me a long time to even believe what happened to me actually happened. I mean, it was so different from all the NDEs I had read about. I used to joke about what happened, saying I knew what death was, it was being on the mothership. Then one day, a friend's husband who had been critically injured in a construction accident but miraculously survived replied to that quip with a surprised, "You were there, too?" That's when I realized what happened to me wasn't the effect of all the drugs in my system. Not long ago, I read the first installment of Dolores Cannon's "Convoluted Universe" and she references the various stories she's heard about the clinic during hypnosis sessions with her clients. I sat there, nodding my head in recognition. While various little details are different, the overall stories are the same as mine. Given those stories all have to do with other beings, it confirmed other information about my origins I'd discovered during various journeys and meditations.

A friend who spent several years in an ashram once told me there is no good or bad karma, that karma just IS. Good karma, bad. Bad karma, good. Karma just IS. It's all a matter of perception and we choose how we perceive anything. I didn't understand what she meant until I started thinking about my own journey. While I concede it wasn't fun and I don't plan to ever go through such a thing again, it was the best thing that happened to me. I needed to have that happen to shake me out of my comfort zone, to be the wakeup call I couldn't ignore.  I had to experience what I did to be able to step out on the path I've been called to follow. I can even take that back a bit further and see how the abusive childhood I survived taught me how to fight through to the other side when I was sick. The things I've experienced were just that: Things I experienced. I choose how I perceive them and how I allow them to affect me. I choose to see them as necessary to my path in this lifetime, not that I'm a victim or a survivor because I had things happen to me. Karma just IS.

Gotta say, when one lets go of all that baggage, it sure frees up time to be and do something else.  Wink

It doesn't bother me to talk about any of this and it helps explain why I am who I am today and where I'm going on this path. It also lets people in on my little joke that when I say I'm not from around here, I'm really not from around here.
What I think of 2016 is the title of this song. Nope, not being negative. It's more than just a thought. I feel it but......thankfully I'm not God, and He is sovereign, strict yet incredibly patient and loving. Maybe, just maybe He's going to alter the timeline yet again, for mankind.

LOL I needed a laugh and got one from this video, of all things! Not the audio but the video of a movie I do dig, but the clips used, well if this thing were prophetic then it's all gonna be fine, we're all gonna get "some carnal action" , LOL sorry.
My point is that I'll try to remember to watch a video that someone's put with a song. I didn't mean to present the movie, one I like or not. I dig the planes taking off and the good looking guys in flight suits, so I picked this one without watching whole thing. ahem...