Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOUNDS AND WATER
(02-07-2016, 05:47 PM)NH watcher Wrote: I used to live in Maryland, Silver Spring, right above the DC line.  I lost water for a whole weekend when the water main broke down the street from my high-rise apartment building.  Now in NH, I have experienced the same weekend duration, without power (last winter, no heat, still had water, though).  Losing water was far, far worse.  Taking a cold shower is hard, but bearable.  Having the three gallon jugs of water allocated to each resident of my building by the water authority, and foolishly wasting a gallon and a half on washing my hair (just my hair!), was ridiculous and taught me a valuable lesson.  I'd give up power again in a heartbeat, if I had to choose between losing power or losing water.

Aside from that, I have seen more news stories as of late, saying that the water situation in Flint, Michigan, really could be replicated almost anywhere in the United States.  The water infrastructure in every major US city, and throughout most states, is from the mid to late 1800s (!)  The pipes are thus very old, in very poor condition, and there is simply no money to do any type of comprehensive replacement.  Water authorities throughout the U.S. can only replace sections of pipe as various water mains break, and then hope (and pray!) that the remaining older sections continue to function.

People with wells don't necessarily have it any better.  I have heard stories about people in the country with well water, and they have had to keep digging further and further down to obtain enough water for the pump.

Yes, indeed, it is proper to be prepared, and mostly, to be "spiritually" prepared.  At this point, when the next disaster strikes, if you think you are going to maintain your independence and "ride it out," think again.  Unless you live in a fortress, and preferably have a drawbridge with a moat (smile ... I joke!), people less fortunate are going to find you, and demand that you share, and if you refuse, they may just knock you out and take it.  Sure, be prepared with a gun too, but a raving mob can easily overtake a single person with a gun.  My sense is that in the next major disaster, martial law will be declared, there will be no independence, and if you refuse, you will simply be executed on the spot or left to die.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. MY MOTHER AND I PRAY THAT WE ARE TAKEN BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPENS; IF NOT BOTH OF US THEN JUST MY MOTHER. SHE IS 92 YEARS OLD AND I DO NOT WISH TO SEE HER SUFFER UNDER THE HANDS OF THE ANTI-CHRIST (OR OBAMA EITHER). I SPEAK OUT AND UP ABOUT EVERYTHING AND I THINK THAT WILL BE MY JOB IN THE END TIMES. WE'RE READY SPIRITUALLY, FIRST AND FOREMOST. SUPPLY WISE, WE KNOW IT WON'T LAST FOREVER AND LIVING IN SENIOR HOUSING WE HAVE NO PROTECTION WHAT-SO-EVER - THEY DO NOT ALLOW GUNS. THE FIRST FLOOR IS ALL GLASS FOR EASY ACCESS TO ANYONE. BUT WE WILL DO THE BEST WE CAN AND DIE FOR CHRIST 'CAUSE I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE BUT HEAVEN. DENY ME AND I WILL DENY YOU, GOD SAID. I PRAY FOR THIS STRENGTH EACH DAY, HOWEVER, THE ALTERNATIVE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME.

Messages In This Thread
MOUNDS AND WATER - by aletalete - 02-06-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: MOUNDS AND WATER - by NH watcher - 02-07-2016, 04:03 AM
RE: MOUNDS AND WATER - by aletalete - 02-07-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: MOUNDS AND WATER - by Goldengirl - 02-07-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: MOUNDS AND WATER - by NH watcher - 02-07-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: MOUNDS AND WATER - by aletalete - 02-07-2016, 06:36 PM