Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Nice Change
I know my posts are far more 'apocalyptic' than most - but then again, I often withhold 'softer' or 'more-personal' dreams from posting when I see them as such. A post today by TB9 prompted me to post a personal dream I had last night that was not only heart-touching to me, but I can only wish such a thing would actually happen.

In my dream, I see a familiar building in my town - an old, abandoned Antique Shop. It still has much of the wares it had in it 30+ years ago, when it was still operating. I hear a firm, but kind voice saying, 'do you like this?' and to that, I reply, 'it is fine, and I like the location - I can fix it up'.

I then see it, as if through a shutter-flick of an old camera, and it is clean and empty. The sidewalk still in rough shape, but the old store is now vacant and 'worthwhile' to be used again. Another flick, and I am behind an old wooden counter - but now, the interior of the store has been cleaned, spackled, painted and well-lit - albeit with a lot of natural light coming in from the street windows which span the whole front face.  It is a small computer store. I feel that I own it, or at least operate it. The floors are wooden, but in decent shape. The walls have modern flat-screen monitors on them, and a couple have a looping video of what various products can do - to 'ask the salesperson' if they would like more information.  There is an over-stuffed large 'dog bed' in the corner on the main-floor, and a red-ticked coon dog is laying there, content, half-asleep.  I see a few patrons of the store, mostly women and children who do this, walk over, ask if he is friendly, and when I say 'he would only harm a biscuit', they reach down and pet him (he loves it). Not a guard dog, more a 'store mascot'.

I next see an old love of mine from when I was young, she appears to not only run the shop with me, but is my wife. She usually 'runs the place', and I do most of the 'engineering, programming and tech-work' on the systems. We are young, love the shop, and work with the citizens in the community to provide affordable 'rebuilt computers' to them, local schools, and others. We hold classes to help people use them, and the systems that run on them. It is truly a mix of 'a time past', and present technology. We weren't wealthy, but were well thought of in the community for helping others.

I awoke to hearing a simple sentence, 'you will be there in a few weeks'. Whether or not these 'vocal overtones' are correct or not, it was almost heart-breaking, like a story of 'what should have been'.

I don't really look for any sort of message in it, beyond the image that it was.

Messages In This Thread
A Nice Change - by Skeetersaurus - 05-05-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: A Nice Change - by Rene1111 - 05-05-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: A Nice Change - by Nanny - 05-05-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: A Nice Change - by Skeetersaurus - 05-05-2016, 11:02 PM
RE: A Nice Change - by ThePaladin - 05-05-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: A Nice Change - by Cassandra - 05-06-2016, 08:18 AM