Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big question
02/24/2016 AM
No intent
Mood: exhausted

I was in an upscale office in a high-rise building. The setting was expensively but tastefully decorated with leather, glass and chrome. I was sitting with my back to the large glass windows as I am afraid of heights.

I am talking to a man about the effects of emotions on one’s health. We are both aware of the mind- body connection and are seeking an answer for combating the problem of people sleeping and dreaming as an escape from mundane, ordinary life. He has read that I often dream of going dancing, traveling to other locations to visit museums and art galleries, living in other eras and other houses.

We are trying to figure out if I am out of body traveling or if it is all my imagination. Is my ill health a result of my busy sleep adventures, as I awake exhausted, or is my boredom, ill health and exhaustion the cause of my fantastic adventures?
We have discussed why I consider my life boring in all of its details. We have discussed all the exciting adventures I have had in sleep time. We have discussed my life prior to my illness and all the adventures I had in my waking life. We have discussed my core beliefs both religious and others. We have discussed my awake life situation and the possibility of having some of my dream life adventures in awake life. (I would have to be a billionaire to have these adventures in awake life!)
He has asked would people give up an extraordinary dream life for better health or would they choose poor health to continue the adventures. I say it depends on the person and what purpose their dream life serves them.

He then asks the big question to me.

I was just answering when the phone rang!

Would you suffer ill health if it made your dream adventures more exciting? Would you give up your dream life if it made your waking life better? What purpose does your dream life serve?

Messages In This Thread
The big question - by esholars - 02-24-2016, 01:21 PM
RE: The big question - by Cassandra - 02-24-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: The big question - by twiceblessed9 - 02-24-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: The big question - by Windy - 02-25-2016, 12:32 AM
RE: The big question - by esholars - 02-25-2016, 12:43 AM
RE: The big question - by NH watcher - 02-25-2016, 05:01 AM
RE: The big question - by Skeetersaurus - 02-25-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: The big question - by esholars - 02-25-2016, 11:44 AM