Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Image , and 'Do You Understand?'
Several strange segments to last night's dream. Some I will leave out for sake of significant brevity.

The night started, however, with an image that I'm hoping Dream Walker can help me with, as she is in the Sioux nation if I remember right. (sorry, I know no-one of the Crow Nation)

- - -
I see a native man, his cheekbones and slender face make the think of a few native tribes, but I assume Apache (as I am in/near traditional Mescalero Apache country). Very distinguished features, maybe 45-50, looking pensively upward as he might be watching something in the sky or praying. He also, however, has a complete 'white-face' on too. I don't notice any reds, or yellows, only a white face.

A voice asks me 'If I understand?' and I said (in the dream), 'yes'.

As it has been probably 20-years since I have been invited to a pow-wow, I had to look up 'Apache white-face', and note that the lower half of the Apache white-face' is red ( a 'war' face). I happened to find the painting by Kirby Sattler called 'I Am Crow', and there is almost the face I saw, albeit in the painting, he had black bars upon his face also. Sattler improvised the painting, and doesn't fully understand what he painted, so that was no help.

I feel that there was an important issue to the white-face I saw - (normally white is spirit, ghost, or dreamtime; in native color representations, but not always).

I said 'yes' that I understood' in the dream, because I saw it and felt it to be a 'death' face, but in waking time, I am not sure now.

Any help?

P.S. - the rest of the dream involved me and an 'apparently large' group of hunters - distributed region-wide, hunting many things and killing them. It was terrible in most all-respects. We were hunting at night, killing rats, mice, rabbits (what few were left), squirrels - it was a total fear of rabies! We were losing a battle to contain rabies, and a perfect segue into our horror that the 'bigfoot' that no one believed in, had became infected now - and that those who didn't believe in it were about to find out how terrifying a modified rabies-infected bigfoot could be. We were trying to stop the rabies while it was in the lower foodchain before things went south. There were also other terrors in the night-woods, too.  (I really have no idea WHERE this dream came from, as I don't hunt anymore, I'm not a 'destroyer' for no purpose, I don't 'run with a pack' of others, and I hadn't given the topic of bigfoot a thought since the last time it hit the news, probably a couple of years ago.

Keep in mind, the peaceful, pensive, almost holy image of this older native man in white face, looking up to the sky in an almost 'portrait like' pose was the introduction to that.

Messages In This Thread
An Image , and 'Do You Understand?' - by Skeetersaurus - 05-08-2016, 07:49 AM