Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 dream snippets
The Vikings were a complicated group of people. On the one hand, they could be considered brutal, yet they were very family and clan oriented at the same time. Adventurous, innovative (especially when it came to navigating), there is a historical argument over whether some of their women chose to fight in battle (shield maidens). Some argue that it's completely mythological, while there is some evidence in the historical record that it might have taken place.

They were a people highly driven by signs and synchronicities from their gods, and left us rune stones as a way of divination. They were more in tune with nature than most of the medieval world, and their legacy is just about everywhere in Northern Europe.

Now, back to the dream! If I was in a small boat surrounded by Vikings on either side, I would feel like I had some pretty hefty back up on my side! But that's just me. Does any of this resonate with you Paladin?

BTW - both my ex and the boyfriend's family came from the same small town in Denmark. (Talk about weird synchronicities). And my last name, while Scottish, has possible Norwegian origins via Normandy France (another hotbed of Viking infiltration). I would be a shield maiden in a heartbeat.

Messages In This Thread
2 dream snippets - by ThePaladin - 06-15-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: 2 dream snippets - by Goldengirl - 06-15-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: 2 dream snippets - by ThePaladin - 06-16-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: 2 dream snippets - by Goldengirl - 06-16-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: 2 dream snippets - by Cassandra - 06-16-2016, 09:04 AM
RE: 2 dream snippets - by Goldengirl - 06-16-2016, 04:48 PM