Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dream mixed with sleep paralysis
I have to travel to a conference and my mom is going to stay at my house and take care of the cats. I'm getting ready to leave and I realize I need a new outfit. I'll need to go shopping, but I only have fifty dollars. Or do I have a hundred. I'm confused about how much I can spend. I look at my earring rack to see what color of outfit I can match with. There are several, like twenty, pairs of earrings that are aqua-marine colored. All shapes and sizes, all the same color. I don't have anything in my closet that matches that color. Why do I have all of these earrings? Mom is admiring a pair. I tell her she can have them, for watching the cats. I don't wear posts anyway. I give her another pair similar but smaller. She puts them on, she suddenly has 3 or 4 piercings in her ear. They look lopsided. She is playing with all of my jewelry. She picks up a ring and says "can I have this too?" It's a turquoise ring, I tell her no, grandma gave that to me. (in waking life, this ring is lost. I haven't seen it or thought of it in years. And my grandpa actually gave it to me)

I need to go shopping. I find myself in a shop. There is like a gallery of people watching me try things on, approving and/or disapproving. I find a leather jacket that I love, but it's too big. I'm considering buying it anyway. But wait, didn't I just buy a leather jacket recently? I should have looked in my closet before I left the house. This shopping trip is fruitless. I need to go or I'll be late for the conference.

I'm pulling up to the conference in my car. There is a big lawn with some old barns on it. The people attending the conference are playing games on the lawn. There is an tall, lanky, administrator guy who approaches me with a clipboard. He takes my information. I owe him money but he says I don't have to give it to him yet. He also has a brown paper bag that he tells me to give to my dad. The bag is closed but there is a little clear plastic window that I can see through into the bag, it's full of marijuana. So conspicuous. I have a little brown box, I'll put it all in there. But the box is too small and there is a big brick of the weed that I try to shove into it but it won't fit. I carry the leftover in my hand.

I find my dad in the hotel room. He's got people in his room. It's on the bottom level of the building and it's really bright in there. I want to get rid of this weed but don't want to give it to dad in front of all of these people. I ask him to go outside with me. I give the box to him, and the bag, and try to hand him what is left in my hand. He says I can keep it. I don't have pockets. It's getting soggy in my hand, I'm sweating on it. I don't want it, but I don't know what to do with it so I continue to hold it. We go back in the room. The man with the clipboard brings the form over to me again. I see the line where it says how much I owe him. He asks for a federal ID. I don't have one. He looks to my dad, and dad nods. The man with the clipboard says I'm all set.

Then I had a weird sleep paralysis event. I'm aware of myself in the bed, I'm halfway asleep, and still dreaming but I'm slipping out of it because I hear someone in the kitchen. I'm home alone, my BF is traveling and isn't due home until tonight. But I can HEAR someone in the kitchen cooking. I hear the pots and pans clanking, and the click sound of the stove turning on, and the fridge opening and closing, and the water running. I struggled to open my eyes, and was barely able to, I see the light in the other room and can still hear someone in the kitchen. It suddenly dawns on my that it CAN'T be my BF and I start to panic. Someone is in the house that doesn't belong here. I tried desperately to wake up, to sit up, but I'm totally paralyzed. I can still see the light but the struggling to wake up fully isn't working and I finally drift back to sleep.

Now I'm dreaming again. I get out of the bed and walk to the kitchen. It's dark, the light I just saw is gone. My friend Jen is walking out of the kitchen. She ignores me like she can't see me. She is peeling a mango, and dropping the peelings on the floor. I pick them up and try to eat the fruit off the skin. I don't even like mango.

then I woke up.
Sometimes I feel like there is a strong magnet under my bed that is pinning my body to the bed making my body feel very heavy. At those times, I know I will go off somewhere. I think of it as keeping my body Earth grounded while my Spirit is off wandering.
I re-read your dream and something about it feel familiar to me, like I have been there to the farm. If I get anything more, I'll post here
Not me, I'm stuck there when it happens to me. Body and soul.

(05-31-2015, 12:01 PM)Julie Wrote: Sometimes I feel like there is a strong magnet under my bed that is pinning my body to the bed making my body feel very heavy. At those times, I know I will go off somewhere.  I think of it as keeping my body Earth grounded while my Spirit is off wandering.
I re-read your dream and something about it feel familiar to me, like I have been there to the farm.  If I get anything more, I'll post here

Interesting...LMK.
Do you ever take on other forms when you go wandering? I do. My favorite ones are the skinny ones because I am plump.
LOL...I haven't "wandered" in some time. That I can remember. I have been a Peter Pan type flying boy once. But usually I'm just me. I want a skinny form too! Smile
I never see myself in my dreams. I am me and I know it or I am in someone elses body, which I can feel so I look in a mirror to see what I look like.
I wish I still had my pre-marriage body IRL, but when I am in bodies of beautiful women they are always experiencing horrible things Sad