Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CameTrue Mass Shooting
Dream Date: 11-11-2015-I dreamed I was going to a concert at a building with a small auditorium. I was inside and several men with machine guns came in. They were wearing black with their faces covered. The concert  hadn't started yet so there were people everywhere.  When people saw the men with the guns they started running and screaming. As the men began to shoot, I ran to a bannister and looked over the railing, thinking "I can make it!" - so I jumped and somehow slid down a square column. One of the shooters saw me- he could have killed me but he didn't. I ran through corridors of offices and finally found a way out of the building. I agonized over whether there were men outside waiting to kill anyone who escaped and whether I should try to get to my car or just head straight for the woods. I decided it would attract less attention to run for the woods, so that is what I did, intending to call the police once I was there.
That is a powerful dream Kelly! Did you have a feeling or notice where the auditorium was located or what type of concert you were attending?
(11-11-2015, 03:39 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: That is a powerful dream Kelly!  Did you have a feeling or notice where the auditorium was located or what type of concert you were attending?

The building didn't look familiar to me but it was a modern 2 story building with a brick façade with light colored tan/orange bricks. I would say the building dates from the late 1970's to the maybe the next 20 years. The concert must have been classical, easy listening or show tunes judging by the way the patrons were dressed.

Kelley
Oh my gosh, I am planning on attending a concert within the next two weeks in a small auditorium. The building is fairly new with 15+ floors. Just in case tho I'll drink some Red Bull to make sure I am alert and ready to jump a railing.
(11-11-2015, 03:26 PM)Kelley Wrote: Dream Date: 11-11-2015-I dreamed I was going to a concert at a building with a small auditorium. I was inside and several men with machine guns came in. They were wearing black with their faces covered. The concert  hadn't started yet so there were people everywhere.  When people saw the men with the guns they started running and screaming. As the men began to shoot, I ran to a bannister and looked over the railing, thinking "I can make it!" - so I jumped and somehow slid down a square column. One of the shooters saw me- he could have killed me but he didn't. I ran through corridors of offices and finally found a way out of the building. I agonized over whether there were men outside waiting to kill anyone who escaped and whether I should try to get to my car or just head straight for the woods. I decided it would attract less attention to run for the woods, so that is what I did, intending to call the police once I was there.

Hi Kelley! Did it seem cold, did you have any indication as to what time of year it might be?
It was neither hot nor cold. People were dressed up, some wearing long sleeves but no coats. In my area it could have been anywhere from Oct. -May. Otherwise I would say it would be too hot for people to be dressed the way they were. Also- the concert was in the evening- twilight. I remember it being dark when I escaped the building.

Kelley

Hi Kelley! Did it seem cold, did you have any indication as to what time of year it might be?
[/quote]

(11-11-2015, 05:14 PM)Julie Wrote: Oh my gosh, I am planning on attending a concert within the next two weeks in a small auditorium. The building is fairly new with 15+ floors. Just in case tho I'll drink some Red Bull to make sure I am alert and ready to jump a railing.

Not to worry- sounds like a totally different building!

Kelley
I am happy to announce that my dream came true today however it didn't play out in real life the way it played out in the dream.

My place of employment was closed for training today (a 2-story building with a brick façade, but not the exact same building as the one in my dream). The employees gathered in the computer lab for a presentation. At some point during the day, the fire alarm went off. Admin told us "THIS IS NOT A TEST" people were running around trying to figure out what was going on. Was there a fire? Nobody seemed to know. The fire alarm was extremely loud, earsplitting really. Some people left the building, others did not. I went downstairs and saw patrons loitering around our entrance, upset that we were closed for the day. Later we decided the fire alarm was triggered by the custodial crew (all dressed the same in dark blue shirts and jeans). They were wearing face masks as they pulled down ceiling tiles to vacuum them. This made me panic when I saw them because I've been having such a problem with allergies and just the previous day had purchased one of those expensive filters to put in my ac system at home. The custodial crew was using canister vacuums with long stick attachments. Others used long poles to dust the ceiling tiles still in place. Anyway, we think they triggered the alarm with the dust they were kicking up in the air.

Kelley

(11-11-2015, 03:26 PM)Kelley Wrote: Dream Date: 11-11-2015-I dreamed I was going to a concert at a building with a small auditorium. I was inside and several men with machine guns came in. They were wearing black with their faces covered. The concert  hadn't started yet so there were people everywhere.  When people saw the men with the guns they started running and screaming. As the men began to shoot, I ran to a bannister and looked over the railing, thinking "I can make it!" - so I jumped and somehow slid down a square column. One of the shooters saw me- he could have killed me but he didn't. I ran through corridors of offices and finally found a way out of the building. I agonized over whether there were men outside waiting to kill anyone who escaped and whether I should try to get to my car or just head straight for the woods. I decided it would attract less attention to run for the woods, so that is what I did, intending to call the police once I was there.
Bahaha! I love it when a dream comes true in this fashion. Custodial terrorist crew. Big Grin
LOL-Metaphors and images strike again!
Wow Kelly!
Good bye 10% rule on this one.

We're looking at 2 days prior to the big event, Kelley seems to have actually been at the concert in Paris! Body count is now over 100. Here's an excerpt:

"A French radio reporter who was inside the Bataclan theatre that came under attack Friday gave a harrowing account of the “10 horrific minutes” when black-clothed gunmen wielding AK-47s entered and fired calmly and randomly at hundreds of screaming concertgoers.

“It was a bloodbath,” Julien Pierce, a reporter for France’s Europe 1 radio station, told CNN.

“People yelled, screamed and everybody lying on the floor, and it lasted for 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 horrific minutes where everybody was on the floor covering their head(s).”

"Police sources later said at least 100 people were killed at the attack on the concert venue."

http://www.therakyatpost.com/world/2015/...ert-venue/

This dream was a direct hit. Expect to see this one in the trophy case...
Wow. While I can congratulate Kelly on the came true,I wish it hadn't.
Kelley -Checking in with you to see how you are doing. Seeing something like this and then it happening care wear on ones nerves to say the least.
The dream was quite vivid but I never expected it to happen literally. Dreams are always so full of symbolism and metaphors I am surprised at how close my dream was to what happened. How tragic- most of the people killed must have been so young and just starting out in life.

Kelley

(11-13-2015, 09:00 PM)Julie Wrote: Kelley -Checking in with you to see how you are doing. Seeing something like this and then it happening care wear on ones nerves to say the least.