Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Impacted by 'Big Rains' Flooding and Distant Colorado River
I dreamed we were looking at real estate, and our realtor was showing us a small perhaps 2 bedroom home in a very small quaint town. I was very interested in the home, as it was in the center of the small town, and a small river ran through the backyard. I remarked that we would have front row seats for any parades, and someone laughed and said that parades in this town would be short and probably only have one float as the town was so small.

The house was the right size and on a scenic lot. A building inspector was walking the property with us, and measuring rooms. We were in the master bedroom, and surprised to see the cement floor at a 30 degree angle, and asked about that. The inspector said that was for drainage, as the river actually ran under the house. I asked about flooding, and he said the house did flood one time several years ago during the 'big rains', and the water came up to 7 feet high in the house. I was puzzled that the house was still standing. The inspector also said that when the Colorado River is diverted into that second river, some of the water would flow into the river under the house, so flooding would be an issue. He was very calm and matter-of-fact about this, and did not seem to find it unusual that we were looking at a house with a high probability of flood issues. Needless to say, we told our realtor to tear up the contract we were writing and to keep looking. (I was also puzzled while in this dream as we live in Ohio and I couldn't imagine how the Colorado River would affect us here).
Thanks Iris. The Colorado is the life source for many states and Mexico. There happens to be a "Little Colorado" River that feeds into the big Colorado river. This takes place in the Grand Canyon. I am wondering if the Colorado will be flooding this Spring sometime.
(02-21-2016, 09:12 AM)Iris Wrote: I dreamed we were looking at real estate, and our realtor was showing us a small perhaps 2 bedroom home in a very small quaint town.  I was very interested in the home, as it was in the center of the small town, and a small river ran through the backyard.  I remarked that we would have front row seats for any parades, and someone laughed and said  that parades in this town would be short and probably only have one float as the town was so small.

The house was the right size and on a scenic lot.  A building inspector was walking the property with us, and measuring rooms.  We were in the master bedroom, and surprised to see the cement floor at a 30 degree angle, and asked about that.  The inspector said that was for drainage, as the river actually ran under the house.  I asked about flooding, and he said the house did flood one time several years ago during the 'big rains', and the water came up to 7 feet high in the house.  I was puzzled that the house was still standing. The inspector also said that when the Colorado River is diverted into that second river, some of the water would flow into the river under the house, so flooding would be an issue.  He was very calm and matter-of-fact about this, and did not seem to find it unusual that we were looking at a house with a high probability of flood issues. Needless to say, we told our realtor to tear up the contract we were writing and to keep looking. (I was also puzzled while in this dream as we live in Ohio and I couldn't imagine how the Colorado River would affect us here).

Whoa.

I don't have access to my dream journals but I remember a dream that took place in a house over a river and a master bedroom that sloped down for drainage. There was an opening in the corner, a drain, where water would flow out when it would flood. I don't remember the significance of living there but I remember the house because even in my dream I groused about bad planning. This dream took place several years ago.

Damn. Wish I could get to my dream journals.
I also had a dream where there was a source of water under the house and it was "leaking" up through the floors.
Thanks DLP and Still, simply amazing that you had similar dreams. Perhaps there is dream symbology for the sloping floors, drain, and water under the house.
Iris, this may be way off from what your dream is actually about. I just thought I would mention it, just in case.
Colorado City, on the border of Utah and Arizona, is one of the towns where FLDS (Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a polygamous sect that split from the mainstream Mormon church ) live. This article explains what is currently going on there now that Warren Jeffs left and how his brother is a witness for the prosecution. I bring this article t you because it mentions the flood that happened in the fall which killed many children and their mothers. It is located in Colorado city and it looks like some big changes are may be happening there since some leaders just got arrested for food stamp fraud.
Also, someone, I don't know who, had a dream about what could be the FLDS members based on clothing description.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/us/jessop-...index.html
It's been a dry winter here in Colorado this year. Some snow, but nothing really major or that often. I don't see a lot of flooding happening because of snow melt, but we'll see what happens.
plan to divert Colorado River tributary to New Mexico

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/...ry-is.html