Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-21-16 Jazz Concert of Legends
I was sitting in the front row of a small indoor concert venue, listening to what appeared to be a final rehearsal of a jazz performance slated to be recorded in front of a live audience. I was seated on the left side of the theatre. Stage lighting was being used for the final rehearsal and the theatre seats were "dark". Only a few others were in the seats with me. A legendary artist was involved in the concert and was giving non-verbal and occasional short phrased directions onstage as he played what I believe was base guitar. He composed the music, or at least the base line, which had a special signature sound he was know for creating. It was difficult to play his music but the band was up for it, He wandered over to different players on the left of the stage as he played, working a few things out with the other performers and never missing a beat. It was clear the talented members of the band on stage were there because of this legend. There were no stops, just talking through things on occasion while playing. As the next song began I knew someone important was coming out to join the band . He was checking off a bucket list item of sorts as he held this jazz icon in high regard and had a strong desire to play with him . I did not know who was going to come on stage at first and my eyes were glued to the stage in anticipation, He slipped into the back of the group, unassuming , picked up a guitar and began to play.. The old icon wandered over to the back where the guest artist now stood playing. Things were pretty fluid but the guest artist, Bruce Springsteen, was having a bit of trouble getting a key part of the some tricky measures down. Everything came to a stop and they had to repeat the difficult measures. It was the first time there was a need to stop . The Jazz Icon said very little but it was clear Bruce was not nailing it to his expectations . Bruce was disappoint in his playing and a little stressed, but was also just happy to be there playing with THE man. It wasn’t about Bruce, it was about the Jazz Icon.

I do not know the identity of this Icon . He had glasses, a small light brown beard and short light brown hair. He was likely in his early 70’s and had a deep speaking voice.
Well, he didn't have glasses, but…I think I was dreaming about Lonnie Mack, legendary Blues Guitar player who influenced many other legends. He died at age 74 today. His profile looked similar to the man in my dreams. I had never heard of him before today. I would say blues fit the type of music being played in my dream, maybe more so than jazz.
Wow! I don't often consider myself much of a dreamer but looks like I was in this case. He died one day after this dream.

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/arts-enter...onnie-mack
Good that you posted the dream TB. Well that makes 3 celebrities in a few days. Mack, Prince and the wrestler Chyna. Strange how sometimes people die in groups of 3's.
Just saw this:

http://radio.com/2016/04/23/bruce-spring...rple-rain/

(04-21-2016, 12:45 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: I was sitting in the front row of a small  indoor concert venue, listening  to what appeared to be a final rehearsal of a jazz performance slated to be recorded in front of a live audience. I was seated on the left side of the theatre.  Stage lighting was being used for the final rehearsal and the theatre seats were  "dark".  Only a few others were in the seats with me.  A legendary artist was involved in the concert and was giving non-verbal and occasional short phrased directions onstage as he played what I believe was base guitar. He composed the music, or at least the base line, which had a special signature sound he was know for creating.  It was difficult to play his music but the band was up for it, He wandered over to different players on the left of the stage as he played,  working a few things out with the other performers and never missing a beat.  It was clear the talented members of the band on stage were there because of this legend.  There were no stops, just talking through things on occasion while playing.  As the next song began I knew someone important was coming out to join the band .  He was checking off a bucket list item of sorts as he held this jazz icon in high regard and had a strong desire to play with him .  I did not know who was going to come on stage at first and my eyes were glued to the stage in anticipation, He slipped into the back of the group, unassuming ,  picked up a guitar and began to play.. The old icon wandered over to the back where the guest artist now stood playing.  Things were pretty fluid but the guest artist, Bruce Springsteen, was having a bit of trouble getting a key part of the some tricky measures down.  Everything came to a stop and they had to repeat the difficult measures.  It was the first time there was a need to stop .  The Jazz Icon said very little but it was clear Bruce was not nailing it  to his expectations .  Bruce was disappoint in his playing and a little stressed, but was also just happy to be there playing with THE man. It wasn’t about Bruce, it was about the Jazz Icon.

I do not know the identity of this Icon .  He had glasses, a small light brown beard and short light brown hair.  He was likely in his early 70’s and had a deep speaking voice.
Thanks Angel. THe article was interesting. Made me think how both men could overlap in the dream.