Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-10-16 Airplane explosion
This is the only layer of a multi layer dream I remember.
I am in a high tower of a hotel room lying on the bed with my back against the wall, resting on some pillows. There is someone else with me. The comforter is a crisp white, the furniture dark and modern, almost black, with a hint of dark purple. The room, a corner room with perpendicular windows, is new or newly refurbished. It is large and long, probably a suite, with a table and four chairs, matching the rest of the furniture style and color. It is daytime and sunny, late morning I believe, the sky is blue. As I looked out the window , I could make out the distant image of a passenger plane in the sky. It is coming in from the north on approach to the airport, still quite high in altitude. As it gets a tiny bit closer but still quite far a way, I notice what appears to be some flames at the back of the plane. I look more closely and see about a third to half the plane is on fire. Suddenly there is an explosion, from the inside out , and the plane blows apart, small pieces drifting in the air. I yell to the person with me," grab your phone, did you see that?" I search for my phone, can't find it for a moment but finally do and take pictures. I am thinking these pictures might help with an investigation as flames from the explosion are still visible. I am thinking that I can't believe I just witnessed this happen. I go over the events in my head and verify in my mind that yes indeed, there was a fire first at the back of the plane, both inside and outside. The explosion was secondary. I also noted the explosion came from the plane not from a " missile" hitting the plane. I want to make sure I can be a reliable witness as I know I saw what was happening before the actual explosion and most people would have only noticed the explosion.

Thoughts.
1. Again with looking for my phone...odd that many dreams I have posted involve me needing to know where my phone is located.
2. At the time I was thinking event might be in Phoenix, I know the airplane approach patterns for that city well. I "felt" this was not a coastal city. There was nothing in the surroundings which suggested a specific city however , other than I was in a city with a downtown which was large enough for skyscrapers but not too large and dense like New York. No water was noticed and I did not recognize any known land structures.
You sure did remember a lot of details in that dream. Did you have any sense of timing, when this may happen?
No I did not know the timing except for noting that it was morning light, not an afternoon light. It was not rainy or gloomy outside. Almost cloudless. There was a tiny cloud covering the plane when I first tried to see what was in the sky. As soon as I studied the sky however, the cloud sorta parted and I could see the plane. Difficult to tell the season or month.
Might want to keep an eye on this....

British Airways flight 274 from Las Vegas to Heathrow declares emergency over Scotland
https://www.rt.com/uk/359067-british-air...emergency/

Reported at 7:02 AM August 12- what time zone?
Flying from the North according to the map
At a distance over Scotland approaching Heathrow
Location unfamiliar

(09-12-2016, 08:23 AM)Sherriann Wrote: Might want to keep an eye on this....

British Airways flight 274 from Las Vegas to Heathrow declares emergency over Scotland
https://www.rt.com/uk/359067-british-air...emergency/

Reported at 7:02 AM August 12- what time zone?
Flying from the North according to the map
At a distance over Scotland approaching Heathrow
Location unfamiliar

It looks now like the emergency is over.
This may have happened.
It was night not day.
It was a parachute plane, not a large passenger plane.
What matched?
Location, Phoenix area.
Plane was on fire, became a fireball and crashed to the ground. The pilot and 4 parachuters, parachuted to the ground and survived.
"The pilot is hospitalized with minor burns after landing half a mile away from where the plane went down, Gilbert fire officials said. Four skydivers ejected from the plane and landed safely.
According to officials, the pilot noticed flames on the wing before the plane went down. An FAA spokesperson said circumstances surrounding the crash are unclear at this time."
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southea...in-gilbert
A plane crash was in my dream on Saturday night when I walked thru the sports bar and saw it on the screen, although I think I remember it being a much larger plane and daytime.