Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirin beer in Germany
No intention. Apparently I was in Germany.

In my dream, there was a large shelf of beer bottles. The labels indicted it was Kirin beer. The dream zoomed in slowly towards one of the labels, and went to the bottom of the label. There was a small US flag in the size of fine print. There was lettering next to the flag, "distributed by <can't remember the name> company of America". I then thought to myself "Why would I want to have Kirin beer if I'm in Germany?".
Your dream is a trip! Has anything come to you about it? Do you think there may be a symbolic message in it, like for example that we'll be seeing a headline about Germany and Japan, etc?

On a personal note, it sure got my attention because the one time I drank Kirin beer I found it not only to be delicious but the most-filling beer I've ever had. I was not hungry afterwards, but then I've never had homemade beer.

(04-11-2015, 11:10 AM)MTB_forums Wrote: No intention.  Apparently I was in Germany.

In my dream, there was a large shelf of beer bottles.  The labels indicted it was Kirin beer.  The dream zoomed in slowly towards one of the labels, and went to the bottom of the label.  There was a small US flag in the size of fine print.  There was lettering next to the flag, "distributed by <can't remember the name> company of America".  I then thought to myself "Why would I want to have Kirin beer if I'm in Germany?".
My main reason for posting was it involved Japan, Germany, the United States, and Dragons (Kirin being a dragon). I figured the language might fit in with the dreambot.

I looked up Kirin, Anheuser-Busch recently lost a lawsuit where they were not specifying in the United States that the Kirin being distributed was brewed in the United States (http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/id=12...0312235220). Apparently the same is true for Beck's, a german beer brewed in the U.S. Kirin is brewed in Germany by a German brewery, based on the recipe from Japan which was originally a German Lager. The lawsuit happened earlier this year, I didn't know about it.

In terms of a future event, it would imply an American company (ABI?) taking over Kirin and eliminating the German brewed version. The Japanese economy isn't doing great, but alcohol sales is usually one of the last things affected in a downturn, so I wouldn't imagine a sellout is imminent.
(04-12-2015, 11:00 PM)MTB_forums Wrote: My main reason for posting was it involved Japan, Germany, the United States, and Dragons (Kirin being a dragon).  I figured the language might fit in with the dreambot.

I looked up Kirin, Anheuser-Busch recently lost a lawsuit where they were not specifying in the United States that the Kirin being distributed was brewed in the United States (http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/id=12...0312235220).  Apparently the same is true for Beck's, a german beer brewed in the U.S.  Kirin is brewed in Germany by a German brewery, based on the recipe from Japan which was originally a German Lager.  The lawsuit happened earlier this year, I didn't know about it.

In terms of a future event, it would imply an American company (ABI?) taking over Kirin and eliminating the German brewed version.  The Japanese economy isn't doing great, but alcohol sales is usually one of the last things affected in a downturn, so I wouldn't imagine a sellout is imminent.

A bit of info about kirin as dragons: http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Kirin

Quote:The Qilin was often spread throughout Chinese literature and art, (later depicted as a giraffe) The Qilin was a dragon-like creature that appeared to be covered in fire, It was a bringer of Peace, and often was a good omen. (accompanying the arrival of a sage) The Qilin was known to walk hidden alongside a sage, it loved all living righteous things and thusly did not trample the plants it walked on (which is how the Japanese and Koreans started calling the Giraffe a Qilin)

Interesting. I did not know about kirin beer, let alone kirin dragons. The things you learn here at the NDC. Big Grin

What stood out to me is how the kirin walked invisbly next to a sage and was considered a good omen.

On a lighthearted note, a dragon as a dress: https://www.yahoo.com/style/mtv-movie-aw...21078.html
I read that about the lawsuit and thought that there's a bigger headline coming that'll be about Japan and Germany. Germany had the issue of wanting their gold back from us. Did they ever get it? I wonder if Japan could figure into this issue. Can't know for sure but I'm gonna be watching for headlines concerning USA, Japan and Germany.

I like your dream but don't know why. Maybe because it's short, succinct and peripherally about a fun memory.

(04-12-2015, 11:00 PM)MTB_forums Wrote: My main reason for posting was it involved Japan, Germany, the United States, and Dragons (Kirin being a dragon).  I figured the language might fit in with the dreambot.

I looked up Kirin, Anheuser-Busch recently lost a lawsuit where they were not specifying in the United States that the Kirin being distributed was brewed in the United States (http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/id=12...0312235220).  Apparently the same is true for Beck's, a german beer brewed in the U.S.  Kirin is brewed in Germany by a German brewery, based on the recipe from Japan which was originally a German Lager.  The lawsuit happened earlier this year, I didn't know about it.

In terms of a future event, it would imply an American company (ABI?) taking over Kirin and eliminating the German brewed version.  The Japanese economy isn't doing great, but alcohol sales is usually one of the last things affected in a downturn, so I wouldn't imagine a sellout is imminent.
Maybe something along these lines is coming up related to Japan and Germany. It would just figure that the food would get there via the United States by a redistributor. Not sure how Kirin beer would figure into something like this though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...4298.html