Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/21/2016 11:15pm Native Lands
I am sitting in a field, high yellow grass all around me. I am trying to make sure i position myself in just the right way so that I am standing in the correct spot on the US map.

An old Native American man walks over to me, he has a young plump woman with him. She carries a buffalo bag and a wooden box for the old man. The Medicine Man walks up to me and stands way to close to me, he is squinting at me, and I can feel him looking through me, not at me. I feel a bit uncomfortable by this action, but I not do anything nor move, because i am standing in the right spot on the map.

The man takes a feather out of the box, burns some sweet grass and says a prayer over me with the feather. Then they move onto the next person standing close by.

I look around and see people standing all over the field of beautiful yellow grass.
They are all coming to be cleansed.

One of them men standing close by to me, is telling me what to expect from the shaman, and the ceremony he has come for. When i look in this man's direction however he is standing next to a mini merry go round the kids kind with horses that used to be outside of every grocery store.

I realize as I am looking around that these people are all in this place for the wrong reason. I am suppose to be here, it is a safe place and i have seen all of the signs, I have this feeling like i am home as I look around at the natural landscape. People keep talking to me though while i am standing here waiting peacefully.

A Native Man walks up to me, he was chained to a post and there was a trailer/restaurant where he was standing. (I soon realize I am seeing a glimpse of these peoples lives but i am still not sure why) He starts talking to me about the shaman, and I turn to him and tell him that I am here because i was called here, and i am not waiting on the medicine man. He seems shocked by this fact. I point to the north east and I tell the man, I am very happy to be so close to the bad lands.

He looks at me and says "Yeah, we are kind of close i guess". His comment jolts me to realize I am not on the correct spot on the map that I am suppose to be on.
As this realization comes over me, I turn back to the native man, and I see him in a shoot out at this Trailer/Restaurant and I attempt to run inside so I am not hit by flying bullets.

I realize that as I was running for the trailer there were funny looking beings in black and white stripes running out of the hills towards us.

I am not in a trailer, that is the part of this mans life i am seeing, i am still in the field, so what are the black and white stripped creatures I just saw!

The trailer fades away and I am back standing in the field, I hear a voice say "they are the tricksters" on the back of one of these tricksters i see a Navajo symbol "The whirling Mountains of the Navajo" http://atlan.org/images/articles/navajos...jpg?b84667

The shaman is coming back around, everyone around me is getting excited and now all of the people/faces have changed.

I still have this sense that I am exactly where I should be, and I am not there for the shaman, but I am there because it is home.

Messages In This Thread
4/21/2016 11:15pm Native Lands - by Windy - 04-22-2016, 02:10 AM